seed-train European Seed train...

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic), package shipped 18th of September
2) rghm1u20 (Romania) - adding AaronTT's seeds to the train. Package shipped 25th of September.
3) tsurrie (Slovenia) - package shipped.
4) ErolDude (BiH)- package shipped.
5) Rory (Italy) - pending receipt
6) dutchpepper (the Netherlands)
7) Nulle (Denmark)
8) snagglepuss (UK)
9) jlawrence (UK) *** added ***
10) scotsbonnet (Scotland)
11) Comptine (Sweden)
12) Midnight Sun Peppers (Norway)

13) serrano (Poland)
14) lobo (Czech republic)

) back to LuckyLuke for round 3

the last update i have read is they were on their way to Slovenia? after i have heard no more...any idea what date they were posted from Slovenia???

According to the above posts, it looks the seeds were shipped from Slovenia, also from Sarajevo, BiH. The question is, were they shipped with tracking number? If yes, should be easy to check (maybe not very accurate, but still can make an idea).

If the seeds were in the post office (Slovenia) on the 13th, as ErolDude wrote, I believe they should be sent to Italy the very next day ... or at least the day after. One thing I can say about the post in this country... it's fast and reliable. I hope this was not the exception that proves the rule :rolleyes:

Last time it did take about 4 weeks so its no reason to start stressing yet :rolleyes: evenif it was during xmas last year, xmas dont delay it that much^^

They were sent from slovenia to italy indeed, unfortunanetly without any tracking. But I think we should not stress out yet. I actually just received a package from china which was delayed about 3 weeks :/

Hey folks.

Not been on for a while so thought i'd see how the train is going and give a wee report on how the last trains passengers fared!
Living in Scotland makes it a bit hit-or-miss on the chilli growing front. I got myself a second hand greenhouse (8'x6') for £20, (dismantling it then building it again was story in itself) so was a bit better prepared than last year when i had a wee plastic walk-in greenhouse. However the weather last year was a lot better so it's not been great, but after Alana telling me she only had success with jalapenos i perhaps haven't done too badly. From the seeds i planted from last years train the best have been the lemon drops. Quite a few ripened off, in fact still some on the plant which are nearly ready. Great tasting chilli too, recommend anyone who hasn't tried them to give them a go. Wasn't too optimistic with the red hab but in the last 2 weeks 6 or 7 pods have started turning red so fingers crossed. Bolivian rainbow is a great looking plant when the pods start turning. Peach hab did ok but pods were about 1/8 the size of the red hab. Had some cayenne and some very small but hot birds-eyes too. Ones that didn't turn out too well were the datil and the chitepin, very small peppers on both and was disappointed as the tepin is meant to be tasty.
So looking back i think it went pretty well considering we didn't have a great summer here.
Looking for some recommendations from you guys on what to grow next year, not too bothered about the heat level as long as they are pretty tasty!

scotsbonnet said:
Hey folks.

Not been on for a while so thought i'd see how the train is going and give a wee report on how the last trains passengers fared!
Living in Scotland makes it a bit hit-or-miss on the chilli growing front. I got myself a second hand greenhouse (8'x6') for £20, (dismantling it then building it again was story in itself) so was a bit better prepared than last year when i had a wee plastic walk-in greenhouse. However the weather last year was a lot better so it's not been great, but after Alana telling me she only had success with jalapenos i perhaps haven't done too badly. From the seeds i planted from last years train the best have been the lemon drops. Quite a few ripened off, in fact still some on the plant which are nearly ready. Great tasting chilli too, recommend anyone who hasn't tried them to give them a go. Wasn't too optimistic with the red hab but in the last 2 weeks 6 or 7 pods have started turning red so fingers crossed. Bolivian rainbow is a great looking plant when the pods start turning. Peach hab did ok but pods were about 1/8 the size of the red hab. Had some cayenne and some very small but hot birds-eyes too. Ones that didn't turn out too well were the datil and the chitepin, very small peppers on both and was disappointed as the tepin is meant to be tasty.
So looking back i think it went pretty well considering we didn't have a great summer here.
Looking for some recommendations from you guys on what to grow next year, not too bothered about the heat level as long as they are pretty tasty!

Datil, Habanero Kukulkan, Ivory or White. All chinense with decent heat and yield, great hab flavor and they ripe sooner beacause they are smaller. You can grow them in a pot and put inside once summer is over.

scotsbonnet said:
From the seeds i planted from last years train the best have been the lemon drops. Quite a few ripened off, in fact still some on the plant which are nearly ready. Great tasting chilli too, recommend anyone who hasn't tried them to give them a go. ...
Oh, yes, they are great! I have used them to make jelly, and it was delicious!
You can try Cheiro Roxa too, very productive (at least for me). Also nice taste. Or maybe Rainforest, Bahamian Goat, Tepin x Lemon drop, Cheiro Goiaboda...

Back