vendor European site; Tasty-peppers.nl

Hi all,

I thought I'd open a thread on tasty-peppers as I couldn't find one. It's meatfreak's shop and he sells quite a selection of interesting varieties. Especially if you are looking for Jalapeños, than you need to go there.. he has by far the largest selection of jalapeño varieties in Europe (atleast from all the online shops that I know). Offcourse he also sells superhots and plenty of other weird varieties. He also has very large images of the actual pods so that you know what you will be growing, not the super pink, blue and other pics of other vendors.. just real unedited pics that don't make cheiro roxas look like candy.

In my experience (4 orders now) the seeds are shipped out very quickly and are in 1-2 days later (but that's because we're currently in the same country.. yes I know, that's cheating.. ). He sells at very decent prices and the seeds have good germination rates, my previous batch had a wopping 91% germ rate and it didn't take very long for the first chinenses to pop up; a sign that he ships fresh seeds. I don't have statistics on my last batch (jalapeño varieties) yet, as they are just sowed 3 days ago but I'm confident they will be just as good.

And another plus, it's one of the few vendors that also sells an extensive selection of tomato seeds (so you can grow your own instant salsa? :party: ). Especially the Sacharnaja Sliwa Krasnaja roma type tomato is a really nice variety with a huge yield.

http://www.tasty-peppers.nl/epages/64390304.sf/en_US/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F64390304

What are your experiences with meat's shop?

I just ordered seeds from meatfreak/tasty-peppers.nl a couple of days ago and they arrived today. Fast shipment, the seeds look great and I even got some extras. Thank you very much. It won't be my last time buying seeds from you.

Midnight Sun Peppers said:

They are doing great thanks! Have to find time to update my glog with some pictures soon  :P
Good to hear, I know what you mean with updating your glog ;)

Nulle said:
I just ordered seeds from meatfreak/tasty-peppers.nl a couple of days ago and they arrived today. Fast shipment, the seeds look great and I even got some extras. Thank you very much. It won't be my last time buying seeds from you.
Did not know it was you :) Thanks for the order and your welcome! :)

Been knowing Stefan for a while on some forums, but it was my first order with him: I had Burgundy 7 Pod and El Oro de Ecuador, each come in 15+ seeds per package, and every single seed looks in perfect shape! ;)

Plus he sent me 2 freebies, and i'm not talking about extra stuff just to fill the numbers: 2 rare varieties which i appreciated so much and took me to add them to my list! :D

I am completely satisfied with this vendor, one of the best for European growers, and i strongly raccommend it!

+1 for tasty-peppers.com:)

Roberto

Just received an order from Stefen, fabulous vendor, great selection of seeds, can't say enough good things. I'm anxiously awaiting those white BBG7's, hope he gets more in stock.   

Got my order last week including the CMPMAN fundraiser pack. No clue what I have to do with those seeds, but it's for a good cause. Nice extras as well (in my case negro azteca tomato seeds, seems to be a really nice variety).

I've placed two orders with Stefan in the past month and both came quickly. Appreciate the freebies as well. Thanks to Stefan I was able to get most of the BBG I wanted. Still searching for white, peach and the Italian BBGs and I think I'll have them all lol. Thanks for the great selection and fast shipping Stefan.

Guitarman said:
Been knowing Stefan for a while on some forums, but it was my first order with him: I had Burgundy 7 Pod and El Oro de Ecuador, each come in 15+ seeds per package, and every single seed looks in perfect shape! ;)

Plus he sent me 2 freebies, and i'm not talking about extra stuff just to fill the numbers: 2 rare varieties which i appreciated so much and took me to add them to my list! :D

I am completely satisfied with this vendor, one of the best for European growers, and i strongly raccommend it!

+1 for tasty-peppers.com:)

Roberto

fiogga said:
Just received an order from Stefen, fabulous vendor, great selection of seeds, can't say enough good things. I'm anxiously awaiting those white BBG7's, hope he gets more in stock.   

Pfeffer said:
Got my order last week including the CMPMAN fundraiser pack. No clue what I have to do with those seeds, but it's for a good cause. Nice extras as well (in my case negro azteca tomato seeds, seems to be a really nice variety).

Scorched said:
I've placed two orders with Stefan in the past month and both came quickly. Appreciate the freebies as well. Thanks to Stefan I was able to get most of the BBG I wanted. Still searching for white, peach and the Italian BBGs and I think I'll have them all lol. Thanks for the great selection and fast shipping Stefan.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) I always try to add freebies as an surprise which I think the customer would like. The white BBG7 won't be able until next season, wanna grow it out first.

I gave you a like, even is a bit weird considering you are closing your site, but is for the last part of your post, I mean spending more time with your family. I'm relative new in this "disease" with peppers (even if I always liked hot peppers, not many years ago I would never believed there are so many peppers around the world) and never ordered from you, but according to what I read here, and what Smokemaster told me about you, I somehow regret this.
I am sure you will grow some peppers, and probably you will be able to make some seed exchange, or even to sell in small quantities (I would buy like this, no problem).
Wish you all the luck and have a nice time with your family!

Immolated said:
Sorry you closed. I made an order last year and your service was top notch. All the best.
Thank you for the kind words :)

rghm1u20 said:
I gave you a like, even is a bit weird considering you are closing your site, but is for the last part of your post, I mean spending more time with your family. I'm relative new in this "disease" with peppers (even if I always liked hot peppers, not many years ago I would never believed there are so many peppers around the world) and never ordered from you, but according to what I read here, and what Smokemaster told me about you, I somehow regret this.
I am sure you will grow some peppers, and probably you will be able to make some seed exchange, or even to sell in small quantities (I would buy like this, no problem).
Wish you all the luck and have a nice time with your family!
Yeah been getting a lot of likes this week. Didn't know what Smokemaster said about me but must have been good hehe. Thanks for the good luck wishes. I will keep on growing peppers for sure!

meatfreak said:
I wanna thank everyone for their orders over the years the shop was up and running but I decided to stop. It just didn't work out and it costed me a lot of time that I like to spent on other things like family, gardening and other hobbies :)
Oh, sorry to hear that! I've noticed just now!
I really wanted to be one of your customer sooner or later!
Best wishes to you!

Just finished planting all of the BBG colors I got from you. Very happy I looked at your site and ordered a few months ago before you decided to close. There were a few other things I was considering but it's all good. BBG are one of my absolute favorites and you're the only one that had all the colors. The only things I have left to find are a true white BBG (hoping the seeds from AJdrew grow true) and the Italian Peach BBG Naga. This Spring/Summer can't get here quick enough

When i needed some Yucatan White Habanero seeds, you were the only reliable merchant that i could find... the 'Elephant Ear' sweet pepper, and the other gifts you gave me were re-gifted to friends -- and produced wonderfully.

i will regret that i cannot order seeds from you any more but i am thankful that i could make the purchases -- and receive the generosity of your gifts -- that i could, while you were in this business.

Whatever profits or income you have made from your endeavors, i am grateful for what you have done for me.

Thank you

Too bad, you had a nice selection. I can't blame you though, with the price per packet it seems you have to put in crazy amounts of time just to generate some revenue. Even if you sell a lot, harvesting seeds, counting, trips to the post office etc suck up your time. Especially with some kids running around that's not worth the effort. Good call.

Back