• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Ever eaten something so spicy it hurts to STOP?!

Oh yes.  There are a couple places around here that make dishes so hot it's painful to stop eating them.  Like the plate is so flavorful and good but once you stop eating it the heat comes on and its savage.

I look for spicy dishes that say NO REFUNDS on the menu. They don't always wow but so far they haven't disappointed.

Uuuhmmmm.....No......

I just reach for the beer....which we all know doesn't work, but it's all about the placebo effect anyway....

Whatever works for ya~~~~

:dance:

I'd like to serve as the PSA guy who says that saying no is completely fine.

Torturing yourself isn't something MOST people wanna do. You gotta love excruciating situations (or be incredibly gullible) to end up in them.

When you get down to it, the main difference between eating supers and BDSM is that you can enjoy superhot peppers with your pants on. That's pretty much it. Like peppers? You get off (on some level) on pain.

SmokenFire said:
Oh yes.  There are a couple places around here that make dishes so hot it's painful to stop eating them.  Like the plate is so flavorful and good but once you stop eating it the heat comes on and its savage.

Siv said:
Purely natural. Capsaicin -> endorphins -> reduced feeling of pain. If you stop the capsaicin then you stop the endorphins. Problems start when the bowl/plate is empty!
For me the tongue burn is the worst. Some peppers hit like a taser gun on the tip of your tongue. When you keep eating you can mask it since the tongue also tastes. You take a break and get tased again. I think both you guys are right. Peppers hit in different areas of the mouth and for tongue burn it often hurts more to stop. And, endorphins. ;)

A few months ago.

I had some trinidad scorpions.

That dear sweet ma grew.

I chopped some up.

And cookedem' up.

With eggs and chorizo for tacos.

I was fine the first 10 minutes.

And then got the sweats.

The hiccups.

And then.

I didn't make it to the bathroom.

I threw down chunks in the kitchen sink.

Thank God it was the side with the disposal.

It burned like nuclear waste.

30 minutes later.

I ate another taco.

Because.

I'm crazy.

That way.

Some times in life.

You just don't give a shit.

When eating fresh pods it has always intrigued me that I don't experience any/much heat until I first swallow. Even if I prolong chewing for absurdly long periods like 1min+. As if the act of swallowing flips a switch for my pain receptors. Ive heard others claim similar experience.

Maybe theres some biochemical mechanisms at play, or maybe its all in our minds hah

I experienced this with a pure evil Bloody Mary last summer. I pushed the envelope of my tolerance and it pushed back HARD . I couldn't not drink it for prides sake but if didn't just keep powering through I know I would have tapped out.

Back