• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ever got injured because of too hot chili?

Has anyone of you ever got injured, or got any kind of medical problems, because of eating too hot sauce/habaneros?

A few times after I've been eating habanero I've got severe, and very unpleasant, stomache pain. Last time it happen it scared me quite a bit, so now I avoid eating too much habanero. :?
(I eat lots of cayanne and jalapenos though :party: )

Once, when eating a LOT or Jalapenos one nigh, then drinking all the juice from the cans, I had a FFLLAMMINGGG morning fire that I couldn't put out. Evaporated all the water, melted the toilet bowl and seat, and I think removed a lot of hair too. :shock:
Other than that, I can't think of anything. Even when using Mega Death as a chip dip. :party: Frank

Very hot meals, especially greasy stuff like chili or hot chicken sometimes give me severe intestinal distress. The 'ring of fire" I can handle, but feeling like I've been kicked in the guts is a drag.

The only real serious medical condition that comes to mind would be an asthmatic injesting way too much extract, which will cause an involuntary closure of the airpipe. Rare, but it has occured. Many people think capsaicin and hot sauces seriously affect ulcers, nope. When one considers the fact the stomach is a sack of hydrochloric acid, a little capsaicin ain't gonna do much. Granted capsaicin doesn't help heal ulcers, but it's not the cause for them erupting like Krakatoa. It's more of a 'Roto-Rooter', if you get my meaning, than anything else. :shock:

From eating? Nope. But I have had oleoresin capsicum sprayed directly into my eyes! That was pretty debilitating :clap: .

I'm asthmatic. I don't let it stop me from trying all kinds of neat stuff. At least I'll die doing something I want to do. Frank :clap:

Pretty much the only physical harm I have done to myself is bring me inches within death eating hot stuff! That is why I love it :lol: Livin on the edge no doubt!

Talking of stomach problems. Mine was all messed up Sat. So when the wife butter-fried skinless chicken breasts, I sliced them and poured on as much DC=1 as I could without it just soaking through the bread. Fantastic. Calmed my gut, and the heat seemed to stick around for about 2 hours. :lol:

tinner666 said:
Once, when eating a LOT or Jalapenos one nigh, then drinking all the juice from the cans, I had a FFLLAMMINGGG morning fire that I couldn't put out. Evaporated all the water, melted the toilet bowl and seat, and I think removed a lot of hair too. :shock:
Other than that, I can't think of anything. Even when using Mega Death as a chip dip. :lol: Frank

LOL!!!!

That's an experience!!!

In all honesty, I, nor none of my friends, have been "injured" as a result of too hot a sauce. Mega Death as a chip dip? Tinner, you da man (of course, I haven't tried Mega Death yet...). I've put Toxic Waste on chips before, and it lit me up.

Josh

Back