• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Evidence of over watering?

Am I correct in my assessment of possibly over watering this one? Dark leaves with slightly lighter green in between the leaves. FYI this is a bell pepper.
leaf.jpg

mmmm.
looks like deficiency of magnesium and possibly phosphorus? look how dark ass green they are and how they look almost half wilted?

im assuming they arent actually thirsty?

over watering imo is 9/10 times a croc.
over watering kills by either startving the plant of oxygen completely ( which is damn hard to do). OR by encouraging nasty shit like bacterial/fungal root rot. if you have half decent soil, this is hard to do. you have to get crazy with the watering can watering way way to much if you have a half decent soil.

can you get a shot of the new growth tips, and the undersides of the leaves.

lol, we need more info. what are you feeding?

how about some more pics too.

lol, we need more info. what are you feeding?

how about some more pics too.

I will take some pics tomorrow. I added some bone meal 3 weeks ago. Some bokashi tea soil drench last weekend and Epson spray as well.

ah.. ok
hopefully someone else can give you some pointers because im clueless when it comes to organic stuff.
never even heard of bokashi tea? its entirely possible these things done have enough magnesium for example... but i have no clue whats inside any of them.

Epsom salt is Magnesium Sulfate and is taken up very quickly through the leaves so it is unlikely a magnesium deficiency. Bone meal is 4-12-0 fertilizer with a very slow release rate and also supplies calcium. I have no idea what bokashi tea is.

If the soil is very depleted to begin with, it is easy to over fertilize as the nutrients can get way out of balance.

Looks a bit like root rot to me. Which would be overwatering yes. What was the ratio of epsom salt to water, teaspoon per gallon or so?

Looks a bit like root rot to me. Which would be overwatering yes. What was the ratio of epsom salt to water, teaspoon per gallon or so?

I used a little less than 1/4 tsp per 24 oz spray bottle. I have them in fabric pots and water maybe 1 to 2 times per week. The leaves started to look splotchy once the blooms where coming in.

Cool cool. Just wanted to make sure you didnt do like a cup epsom per gallon, its happened before. Do they feel stiff still, just droopy or do they feel all soft and floppy?

Skip the bone meal. There are other, better ways to get phosphorus.

Temps in the 40's isn't good for growth and I'm with queequeg, they don't look over watered, they look like they're drying up. The leaves look hard with little suppleness.

Like queeg and Patrick said, are they dry? Lift up the pot and see how heavy it is or dig down a little bit and see how dry the soil is.

water till you see runoff.

fabric pots waste a lot more water than non breathable pots. its entirely possible your plants arent drinking the soil dry, but rather they are just evaporating the moisture what with the low humidity of winter combined with some wind.

ive found that the fabric pots can actually start burning plants if you do not water to runoff. they simply allow water to evaporate quickly leaving what ever nutrients behind in the soil. eventually the buildup has to be leached, or you have to start using lower ec. best deal is to just water to like 10% runoff imo.

Back