Excuse me Mr Fothergills

Rather than a big spiel bout how i got the shits today, ill just put up the email i sent when calmed down a bit.

Hello Mr Fothergills ,
Im neil and have a suggestion or complaint about some of your seeds. I live in a small house and don’t have much space to grow, which is why went and bought some of your products as know that im getting what im after, so bought a couple of all in 1 packs, the superchilli and Tiny toms and a pack of Heirloom Capsicum Seven colour , 50 seed pack Excellent

Except when got some pots ready to plant (I use pots for the space, remember) and opened the pack, I find 50 seeds all grouped together, Ok what’s what?, do I plant 7 and hope I get 7 diff.. do I plant 50 and thin out? Oh I Can’t because I have to wait till they all grow to Full size, set fruit and find which 1 is which..

Lasts years pack, Perfect Peppers (sow before Aug 2007 [F]) which contained 25 Anaheim,
25 Corno Di Torro Rosso, 30 Red Marconi, 25 Hungarian Hot Wax and 30 Jalapeno, were all in separate Packs(like some back got 20+ still of each), so could you please tell the bright spark that put them all together for some reason dunno why, that not a lot of people own acreage that buy a few packs to grow in their little space

is there a way of getting the varieties separate as id like to grow them all but not have to find somewhere to grow them to find the 1 of each, you’d know once 1 was grown, a seed from 1 would grow another, Oh and know what Variety it was to

Thanking you
Reverend Neil Smith
THSC Ettalong Beach

Then got..

Thank you for your query.

We will respond to your query as soon as possible. In the meantime we hope you enjoy the site and we look forward to your return. Find Mr Fothergill's Stores Near You

ok waiting

Man, that's a dumbwitted plan putting them all together...wtf?

Don't blame ya mate for being upset. Hope something good turns out.

cheers,

~QS

It should at least say so on the bag imo. As you said, they can't expect people to grow 50 plants to find out. I guess it just shows how "trendy" chilis have become so they can sell stuff like that to people that don't care what they are growing as long as it looks like a chili and is kinda hot. keep us posted!

Back