• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Experienced sound guy looking for work

Yep... I got "Let Go" today.

Personal Differences was the excuse. That's ok. There's going to be a fight. A nice legal fight. Things they do to their employees are going to the labor board. I might not see anything from it, but by damned no one else is going to suffer from that BS.

So...anyone need a sound guy?

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you'll land on your feet, and since they are webbed, that should help distribute the force of the blow.

I'd only take them to the labor board if you don't think you could get them to give you a positive reference. You don't want to burn a bridge until you know you won't need it again.

Yes, the labor board will be getting a visit. As far as bridges to be burned...they set fire to it, I'm just going to throw a little gas on the flames.

DD sorry about getting sacked bro. My gal says only women are allowed to be vindictive. Oooops....gotta' go! She's comin'...

Bummer, bro. Mrs. Duck was telling me about how bad they were treating you when I was there in April. I was surprised you didn't quit by now. Best of luck and if you hear anything about a sound guy position where they need someone else (or a recording engener) send me a PM. My roommate Dave is still looking for a job in that field.

Thats to bad DD if you were in CT I could get you an interview at least. Good luck to ya sometimes it all works out for the best

Back