• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Extract Sauces are blarrrrghhhhh!

imaguitargod said:
I totally agree with you. The metallic taste of keytone extracted capsacain is nasty. Really takes away from the flavor of the hot sauce. The only ones that are exeptions to this rule are Defcon Condition 1 and Zero, and EZ Earl's stuff. But that's because they don't use the keytones, they go a different (and more pain inducing on the creators of it) way with extraction.

Thanks for the recognition of quality. That is a fetish of mine. However, unlike Defon's choice of direction on his small-batch of personally produced quality extrats, I knew I eventually needed quantities of quality extracts. So I opted to work with a supplier I used in the flavored coffee syrup business who is a craftsman on producing essential oil & essences from about any plant you can think of (ie: Stirling's Asian Rose syrup sold only in China). His firm produces a 3-chili blend of pepper oils and essences that I use. Primo stuff. The next step, however, is to build a sauce formula that is complex enough to showcase the extract heat without projecting any negative aspects of the ingredient. That's why my recipe contains 26 different ingredients. - E.Z.

What a great thread! I've learned so much today that I think I'll take the rest of the day off. Makes me very upset that I didn't order The Creator's 5ml 0-4 vial of death so I could roll around the floor and cry out, "Now that's a clean extract!".
Personally, I think Blair's Jersey Death is not nearly as bad as all that. Our sensitivity, by smell, to inferior extracts gives the impression of a sauce being worse than it actually is (from a taste standpoint, at any rate). Just my 2 cents.

Back