free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

Tybo said:
VSRP X CABAI BURUNG UNGU

Found a couple pods that were red this morning.  The pods are round.  Not what I expected.  SRP and Cabai pods are elongated, right?

attachicon.gif
vsrpxcabai.jpeg

Love that F1! Bummed i didn't get to taste any. 

All the other F1's he sent me are sooooo yummy. Can't wait to see what happens in the F2! 

I've managed to produce gallons of seed for you PollenNut and will be shipping it back to you. You better have about 1000 acres to grow them all out ;) haha

skullbiker said:
The plants are quite podiforous(probably not a real word) right now. Here is a pic of some pods.

attachicon.gif
2CA0DF98-B86E-479A-BAFE-CD7BF85E42CD.jpeg

A couple of pics of the Uchu Cream X Scarlett's Chili. Every person that walks through my pepper plants comments on this plant.

attachicon.gif
273A1EE9-0740-4160-A49A-58E2EE736211.jpeg

attachicon.gif
A180FD32-67C6-40C8-A020-D77048885887.jpeg

attachicon.gif
2AC9BDED-2AFB-4732-8572-B17F21AE232E.jpeg

attachicon.gif
E9E44C24-AAD6-46CD-8203-ACBD9EF69F1C.jpeg

attachicon.gif
E94245A2-6039-4E51-88D6-EA81C0879656.jpeg

PollenNut, I sent you a PM.
 Gorgeous! Well done!

Hey PollenNut.  Your original post said you wanted ripe fruit back from your seeds.  I have fruit getting ripe and want to know if you still want ripe fruit or seeds or what.  

VSRP x Cabai Burung Ungu
vsrpcabai.jpeg

I pulled one of these earlier today and removed the seeds.  The fruit was only 1/2" diameter and had 28 seeds inside.  Taste was good though.  I thought it was sweet with a mild heat.  Maybe good for drying.  
There are 2 more on this plant that are ripe now and more unripe fruit to come.

Next is the Scarletts X Pablano.  Only 1 fruit ripening as of now.  
scarxpab.jpeg

Let me know what you want and PM me your address.

Tybo said:
Hey PollenNut.  Your original post said you wanted ripe fruit back from your seeds.  I have fruit getting ripe and want to know if you still want ripe fruit or seeds or what.  

VSRP x Cabai Burung Ungu
attachicon.gif
vsrpcabai.jpeg
I pulled one of these earlier today and removed the seeds.  The fruit was only 1/2" diameter and had 28 seeds inside.  Taste was good though.  I thought it was sweet with a mild heat.  Maybe good for drying.  
There are 2 more on this plant that are ripe now and more unripe fruit to come.

Next is the Scarletts X Pablano.  Only 1 fruit ripening as of now.  
attachicon.gif
scarxpab.jpeg

Let me know what you want and PM me your address.
Fruit is great, as it allows me to judge taste, size, color, etc. But if seed is easier go with what works best for you. I will have to grow out several to get a good idea of what each cross has to offer regardless. More backcrosses may still be workable as well to get this just right for my taste.

Take your time my friend, that Capsicum annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x C. annuum 'Poblano' has some stellar genetics already showing in the f1 from what I can see. The f2 will bring variegation back, but the work is far from over.

I just wanted to take some time to publicly thank SkullBiker for sending me back more fruit than I needed and for the gifts as well. That Cowboy Candy is off the chain good. I took that to work and half the jar was gone the first day! I have already collected seed from the fruit and tasted them as well. Excellent delayed punch on the Scarlett's Chili x Poblano that enables the full flavor and sweetness to come through. I just hope those traits get better with the generations and we continue to see purple and yes... variegation in the next generation soon!!!

skullbiker said:
Glad to hear everything got there in good condition. Have you sampled the "other" jar yet? I also think the Scarlett's Chili X Poblano has great flavor, I'll have to drop a few of those seeds in the dirt and see what happens.
Yes indeed my friend, I tried the 'other jar' you sent and let me say your jam is also to die for. You my friend have a gift when it comes to growing peppers, but an even bigger gift when it comes to preparing them into gourmet items. I took a spoonful out of that jam and ate it plain to get its flavor full on. Simply to die for.

And yes, I was pleased with the flavor of the Uchu x Scarlett's Chili as well. FIre cracker hot with variegation in the f1. I am hopeful that the sulfur white gene will be expressed in the f2 as it should be if enough seeds are grown out. I'd of course like to keep the purple element to the flowers and perhaps hope for some darker phenotypes with variegation as well in that cross.

Still, it is the Scarlett's Chili x Poblano that impressed me the most. I had to let my son try that one and just like me, he thought it was a great tasting sweet pepper. Then that delayed heat it has snuck up on him... many thanks to you for growing these crosses out for me last year and returning them in spades!

Tybo said:
PollenNut.  I put your seeds in the mail today.  I'll be growing out some to see what the F2's look like.
Thanks for the opportunity to grow these.
Later
F2 from Scarlett's Chili x Poblano will have some variegated babies. Some purple flowered, some purple flowered with white edges, etc.  I'm excited to have these seeds back from you and even more excited to know that you will have some wildly flavorful and beautiful f2. The poblano is one of my favorite annuum for taste.

By the way, seeds arrived today! 

I have a question for PollenNut aka "The Pepper Wizard".  The pods in the following pic are all from the same(the only) plant. Is it common to have two, three, and four lobe pods on the same plant?

20AFE459-8016-4491-8B6D-2EC4CAD1F62A.jpeg

Anyway I pretty well cleaned that plant off and ended up with just over 1/2 pound of cleaned peppers. I also have a half of a collander of pods from the #2 baccatum cross. I think I'm going to buzz them and add them to the batch of fermented sauce that I have started.

81D4CE72-F10F-4B81-9DEE-55CCDA37F5FF.jpeg

I'm going to plant a few of the seeds on that plate and see what that brings.

Here we go with the F2 Poblano X Scarletts Chili. I will grow out the best four of the group. I selected these over the other two because of pod size and TASTE. Anyway, their journey has started.

8E3C89DB-58D3-47A9-8118-FAEE8BD4E4D1.jpeg

F2 Poblano X Scarletts Chili Flower

bloom.jpeg

Pretty flower!  Loaded with pollen too.  I used my fingertip to move the pollen around.

Pic showing the white color in the leaves on this plant.  This plant is not doing as well as the plants without variegation.

var.jpeg

Back