free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

Tybo said:
F2 Poblano X Scarletts Chili Flower

attachicon.gif
bloom.jpeg

Pretty flower!  Loaded with pollen too.  I used my fingertip to move the pollen around.

Pic showing the white color in the leaves on this plant.  This plant is not doing as well as the plants without variegation.

attachicon.gif
var.jpeg

Thank you very much for sharing this cross my fellow pepper nuts. Just one quick correction though... the cross is Capsicum annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x C. annuum Poblano. The fruit bearer is always written first so we know where the seed originated from. 

VSRP x Poblano with VSRP being the mother in the parenteral genereration and Poblano being the pollen donor. 

Attachments

• VSRP x PoblanoRob.jpg
    VSRP x PoblanoRob.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 141
PollenNut said:
Thank you very much for sharing this cross my fellow pepper nuts. Just one quick correction though... the cross is Capsicum annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x C. annuum Poblano. The fruit bearer is always written first so we know where the seed originated from. 
My bad, I will change the description from now on. Thanks for the correction!

PollenNut said:

skullbiker said:
My bad, I will change the description from now on. Thanks for the correction!

I think it was my bad.  I put the poblano before the scarletts chili.  Live and learn right?

Tybo said:

I think it was my bad.  I put the poblano before the scarletts chili.  Live and learn right?
It is okay my friend. But I do like the idea of crossing back to Poblano with a purple flowered variegated form if we can get that. Poblano being the mother that way would show the cross in the f1 with purple edged flowers. Poblano mom x (Scarlett's Chili x Poblano f2 pollen donor) Or, the cross could be made with the same idea in mind (Scarlett's Chili x Poblano f2 mom) x Poblano pollen. Provided a variegated f2 was utilized in the later all you would need to look for was a severely reduced or eliminated variegation in the resulting seedlings with an expected full return of variegation in the next generation. That would help lock in the heart shaped Poblano look and taste as well while keeping the stripes in the fruit.

If you hit a flower with a bit of glue like that before it opens, that will be all the isolation you need.
Holy… you just… when you see it, it’s so obvious…

Thank you for sharing that technique! I’m shocked I hadn’t heard of it before. For the amount of seed I intend to save, this could save me a huge amount of effort and netting trying to isolate entire containers.

Is a specific glue necessary? Any special caveats?

Scarlett's Chili x Poblano... I've got a few lines going, but seeds are free for postage or SASE. PM me for details.
scarlett'ssc.png
PollenNut, I haven't been on here much but wanted to let you know I'm still growing the Scarletts Chilli X Pablano that you sent. These are F3's and the leaves are still variegated. The fruits are super dark. Almost black! No stripes on the peppers though. I have 4 plants this year and they all look like these. Great tasting too!

Attachments

• IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 128
PollenNut, I haven't been on here much but wanted to let you know I'm still growing the Scarletts Chilli X Pablano that you sent. These are F3's and the leaves are still variegated. The fruits are super dark. Almost black! No stripes on the peppers though. I have 4 plants this year and they all look like these. Great tasting too!
My dark ones like that show variegation on the lighter sides only that are not exposed to direct sunlight until they start to mature. You selected well from what I can see. I am working on backcrosses with these as well as some interlines that I am using as test crosses at the same time to determine if variegation is still hiding in the lines moving forward. I also have some lines from this cross I took to Hungarian Black, Mammoth Jalapeno, etc. One of my favorites is one a friend took and added Bailey's Jalapeno into it.

Back