Facebook Company Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did and most on there know that. What's your point joe? Unlike you, the rest of us suppliers don't go bashing on each other and are perfectly fine being on the same page as each other. I liked the little bash you put on mine. I put a section for you on. Did I go bashing you? In fact most of the replies for you were good.
People keep sending me company names to put on the page and I do. I'm not afraid of competition. Neither is Duffy, ford, Judy, Ed or anyone else. Our products and services speak for themselves.

You are promoting your own company on an anonymous Facebook page?
:rofl:
I have some  concerns about Buckeye pepper co,
I stated those concerns...and you promptly removed them.
Yet you left up Ted Barrus bashing's and he's never been a customer.  
:shame:
That's not playing fair.
:shame:  

Yes Joe its a REVIEW section for over 30 vendors thus far (and growing). How exactly did I "promote" my business on there? In fact my review section is at the very bottom of the page. Its called reviews of MANY companies, not mine. I removed yours because you stated a bunch of crap that isn't even close to being factually true. In fact, and taking a page from your book, it was a damn good way to get yourself in trouble Joe. You have concerns about me? Well rest assured Joe, nothing to be concerned about. In fact you should really do fact checking before you claim such nonsense. And you talk about morals when YOU, a vendor, go posting on another vendors review section. Can you remind me again Joe, when was it you bought from me? I must have misplaced that order because I do not remember getting one. 

Lets just get it out Joe, people like me make you nervous because I actually grow my plants, I actually harvest my pods, I actually deseed my own peppers, and I actually package my own stuff. Yes Joe we all realize you have been around longer than anyone. We all realize you are bigger in the seed selling business when it comes to small companies. It's also a fact that a lot of folks like Buckeye Pepper Co, Pepperlover, Refining Fire Chiles, Puckerbutt Pepper Company, Fords Fiery Foods & Plants among many many others are growing and doing things right. It's called progress Joe. 

Thanks Mike - great idea.

I've left reviews for the companies I have done business with, and for those in the business who've treated me with respect. Buckeye Pepper Co included (glowingly positive based on experience btw!)

PepperJoe - You don't need to be a customer or to have placed an order to write a review of a business. I think Starbucks is evil for their atrocious business practices and I've never had their coffee (and never will). I wouldn't hesitate to write that review of them anywhere. 

Reputation is what it is in business. It's called karma - whether you believe it's fair or not, how you treat people in business will come back to you. Always.

And people absolutely don't need to order from you to know your reputation. In fact, reputation will often be a primary factor in whether someone decides to do  business with you or not. 

Mike - you should add one for Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders He's a great guy and a vendor on THP - his powders rock. 

Thanks Scott. The current one is for Seeds but it is growing pretty quickly so I may do one for sauces/powders/rub/etc also. Great exposure for companies and a good resource for the "where can I get..." customers with honest reviews of companies by people that have used them.

As most know on this forum can tell from my posts on here I'm pretty darn new to growing peppers - having just started this past summer. A little less known on the forum is that I've worked as a web developer & graphic designer for around 13-14 years and have over 2 years of experience working in almost every level of customer service that Microsoft offers (including premier support for their executive/corporate clients). That much is to say that even though I'm new here, and come from a small town I have plenty of experience in the field of customer service and professionalism.

Pepper Joe, you're the very first seed vendor I've ever ordered from and, sure, I saw good & bad reviews about your company on here and elsewhere before joining this forum and before ordering from you. But I did order from you. Twice. And I've received great service - there's no question there at all. There is nothing negative I could say about my personal experience with ordering from you & your company, so please do not take what I say next out of context. *nod*

I fully understand your want to protect your product and reputation and the struggle that can sometimes be when you're one of the largest in an industry. But honestly, crying foul because you disagree with a review or because you want a double-standard to apply in your favor will only ever tarnish your reputation again & again.

This I say as advice, not slander, and I say this having seen you attempt at both of these before, on several occasions online - on several websites. I've had my share of being self-employed, of working for small shops, large retailers and for doing customer service for one of the largest businesses in the world and I've been a customer on the end businesses in all those ranges so I've seen what works and what doesn't.

I honestly feel that you would gain much more ground if you shed the sort of "bad-ass" attitude of "I'm going to punish you and make you hurt for not liking or agreeing with me!". Customer service is never simply about attempting to make the customer you've sold too, or provided a service too, a happy one. Yes, that is a big part of the service, but it's also a very small part of the overall business.

Customer service is applied to -every- level of a business. From the lowest or highest employee communicating with their clients or customers directly or indirectly to individual employees dealing with each other (again, whether it is the lowest, highest or somewhere in between), to the company, it's employees, it's associates, it's representatives, etc dealing with the public - and this includes reviewers, advertisers, investors, journalists and what-have-you.

You treat -every- single person and entity out there as you would want to be treated because they -all- have the potential to affect your business, your sales and your reputation.

I -get- that it can be stressful to see someone spreading negative words about you & your business and wanting them to stop. But if retaliate by doing the exact same, then you are the same and you forfeit any reason for them, or others, to treat you any different or more positively. At that point, it's you burning your own bridge, it's you damaging your own reputation - regardless of whether you point your finger at them. I may be Canadian, but I do know that down there in the U.S. it's their lawful right, whether a customer or not, to speak their opinion of you. Just as it is your right to speak your's in response.

Let's take for example your rather spiteful post earlier today on Facebook:

Jan-03-2014.jpg

Sure, you're attempting to make it sound playful and fun and all in good humor. But I've seen you react with threats of legal action over VERY much less. You've very publicly slandered and -lied- (I've seen plenty in the "industry" show plenty of respect for the person you refer to in your post) about another person in a bid to do what? Get some sympathy points for the sake of making some more sales and (likely) to encourage others to slander him? That right there is very weak and very unprofessional.

To be professional is to take negativity from others with a grain of salt and to NOT respond in kind. To be professional is to take the "high ground", be as positive in nature as you can be and if you MUST respond, then respond purely with facts, not hearsay or more negativity. Being "professional" isn't about being the "better man". It isn't about being superior in the slightest. It's about respect, dignity, being honorable and, in turn, reaping the benefits of such positive values - such as appreciation, loyalty, trust, and having people be comfortable to be around you and when dealing with you - and in turn of all that, giving back the same. THAT is what it means when people say "You reap what you sow."

This is my opinion, based on my own experiences - both personal and professional - over the years, but I think it would serve you very well. And truthfully, it wouldn't take much to change your marketing scheme towards something much more positive. But if you're comfortable with playing the "villain" and/or "victim" and feel it's working for you - then okay, carry on. *nod*

For me, though, it simply isn't appealing. I appreciate the great customer service I received from you & your company, but I'm going to lean towards more positive vendors in the future.

p.s. I did post a positive review under your topic on this new Facebook page, so there's that. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mmcdermott1 - I still love the stuff I received from you from that little contest. My very first Brown Naglah is off to a great start and I look forward to when my seed order comes in. Once it does I'll give some more feedback here and on the FB page. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back