• Do you need help identifying a đŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? đŸ€§
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii VS. Datil VS. Devil's Tongue

Fatalii are such heavy producers, they are great for a smaller garden. I had mine pump out hundreds from each plant. I thought mine were about the same heat as a devil's tounge. Definitely hotter than a hab, but not ridiculous like ghosts. They go great with eggs in the morning, and seafood too.

+1 on the Fatalii. Really like the Datil too, but I was less successful at growing them, so I got real comfortable using the Fatalii's in my salsa until I ran out. I used every last one last season, and forgot to collect any seed. And this year the seed I have ordered seems to be bad with only a few germinating. I will have to hunt down more fresh seed. Absolutely the best Salsa on fresh eggs ever. Now as far as to try them individually to be eaten by themselves, I'd ask Nigel.

Well, I haven't uncovered any Devil's Tongue seed in my stash, but I sowed some Scotch Bonnets, Fatalii, and Datils, so I think I got my bases covered.   :lol:

Fatalli's are what I took myself to the emergency room for, after cutting up about 100 of them with gloves and washing my hand somehow I still had oil on my hands, went to use the bathroom and well.... 10 minutes later I was crying on the floor. I took myself to the hospital because of the pain, it was horrible. After a shot of Diladid I felt nothing and I had to apply a cream, it was bad bad stuff.

Even though they may not rate extremely high on the scale, they have a mean burn and great taste. So Fatallis all the way!

Ad for heat of each pepper, it would go for me Fatalli first, Datil, then Devil tongue. But I have had some Devild tongue hotter than Datil so it depends on the grower and where they are grown, they are very close.

Back