• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii x Chocolate Bhut Jolokia F1, F2

Here's my baby:
FataliixChocoBhut4.jpg

A different angle on the same pod:
FataliixChocoBhut5.jpg

My guess this will be the next to ripen:
FataliixChocoBhut6.jpg

Wow amazing looking pods. Can't wait to hopefully get my hands on some of those seeds in the future. Really nice choice of cross.

Looks interesting. There are theories that the Fatalii was a parent to the bhut so if this is true the diversity may be limited.
I personally wouldn't be naming it a yellow bhut, that would just add to all the misnomers and confusion. Good luck with the f2s. Usually 5 to 8+ generatioins till they are quite stable

Looks interesting. There are theories that the Fatalii was a parent to the bhut so if this is true the diversity may be limited.
I personally wouldn't be naming it a yellow bhut, that would just add to all the misnomers and confusion. Good luck with the f2s. Usually 5 to 8+ generatioins till they are quite stable

Thanks Potawie, my initial idea is to get a pod that looks like a bhut but yellow and if I were successful it would have a different flavor profile than some "yellow bhuts" out there. Who knows though, I'll grow out the F2 and see what looks interesting in addition to keping an eye out for the yellows. According to that table I linked above, which was developed for tomatos, it'll take 4-5 generations to get over 90% stability, 7-8 generations to break the 99% mark.

Nice one ace! love the look of the plant too, the color of the stalk is awesome, kina reminds of another plant lol just the leafs are different. be watching you! SC

Man I'd love to try and grow these. I didn't understand the chart what is it saying about F1's? If you decide to get rid of any of the seeds I'd try em and keep you posted as to the results. Good looking POD !

So I opened up two of the peppers to give them a taste. I can almost taste both of the parents, great aroma, smells and tasts mostly like a Bhut which I am very pleased about, but with a little Fatalii twang, hard to tell if that's just my imagination, but that's what I thought I tasted. The second pepper (2nd and 3rd pics below) had more placenta and was hotter, very good. Saved the seeds to grow this season. Any suggestions on how long I should dry them out for? I've seen a few threads on here about that, I'm thinking I'll let them sit out for a week or so before I try to germinate them.

FataliixChocoBhut15.jpg

FataliixChocoBhut16.jpg

FataliixChocoBhut17.jpg

FataliixChocoBhut18.jpg

Wow that looks awesome and great description hopefully they grow out for you. Hopefully the placenta remains on the new batch like your second & third pepper.

Usually when I dry my seeds I let them sit for like 2 or so weeks in a paper towel on top of the fridge. They get good and dry in that time.

Back