• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii x Chocolate Bhut Jolokia F1, F2

FWIW, I sowed seeds out of fresh peppers I bought from Baker's a few months back, Brains and Morugas. Over half of the Brains popped within three days! The Morugas took about five days. Much quicker than from dried seeds.

Awesome cross, geist! :cool:

Love the F1. Nothing like that came out in the F2's?

I only grew 12, but I suspect it would be difficult. As I understand it, F1 phenotypes express the dominant genes, then in F2 it gets all mixed up. I could send you some F2 or F3 seed if you want. Grant is growing some F1 I sent him right now... you could keep an eye on that too.

Yellow! It has a very nice flavor profile. Bhut-like aroma and fatalii citrus aspect. I'm sharing seed of this in the forum ads section to see how F3 will turn out.

IMG_20121027_120540.jpg

Pod size would have definitely been larger had it been grown in larger than a 1-gallon pot. Look for the F3 in a few members 2013 glogs!

Here are the insides of pods off of one my F1 plants, these things are fruity, have bhut aroma and are quite a bit hotter than a straight red bhut I had earlier today:

IMG_20121027_181902.jpg

IMG_20121027_181936.jpg

I will be overwintering this F1 and of course the F2 that turned out yellow.

Some really nice lookin' phenotypes there, Charles! Love both the yellow ones and the red ones. The shape of the yellow ones almost remind me of Bonda ma Jacques.

If the offer still stands in a couple months, I'd love to give your hybrid a go! :) ATM my hands are a little tied though.... so many of my own creations I've yet to sow. Ha... so much for the smaller than usual season I had orginally planned.

Some really nice lookin' phenotypes there, Charles! Love both the yellow ones and the red ones. The shape of the yellow ones almost remind me of Bonda ma Jacques.

If the offer still stands in a couple months, I'd love to give your hybrid a go! :) ATM my hands are a little tied though.... so many of my own creations I've yet to sow. Ha... so much for the smaller than usual season I had orginally planned.

I still have seed left, I'll put them in little baggies for you. I still need to figure out a cheap and safe way to get seed down where you are, they seem to get crushed in the journey...

Back