Fav non american piss beer?

I get pissed faster on IPAs, so isn't that piss beer?

just had

GUINNESS DRAUGHT liked it OK but like the extra much better
also had BASS ALE to me it had no flavor, but i think i made a mistake and had the Guinness first then the Bass, i have one Bass left, i will try it by itself and see

also had LIENENKUGELS BERRY WIESS, it was more like a wine cooler and way too sweet, the fruit overpowered the beer,to me it was one big disappointment

thanks your friend Joe

just had

GUINNESS DRAUGHT liked it OK but like the extra much better
also had BASS ALE to me it had no flavor, but i think i made a mistake and had the Guinness first then the Bass, i have one Bass left, i will try it by itself and see

also had LIENENKUGELS BERRY WIESS, it was more like a wine cooler and way too sweet, the fruit overpowered the beer,to me it was one big disappointment

thanks your friend Joe
update
Yup Bass sucks!! had the other one today verdict NO FLAVOR TO SPEAK OF NO CHARACTER !! one of the worst 4 bucks i have ever spent!!

thanks your friend Joe

While it's brewed Here, There and Everywhere it originally was a premium beer in Austraila up until the '70s, well from my understanding it was. Foster's
I used to be able to get a 6er of bottles for about $2.00 or on Oil Can for $0.75 on post.

got another one i like and its a former AUSSIE FAV its now brewed in ALBANY GEORGIA or FORT WORTH TEXAS
FOSTER PREMIUM ALE in 25.4 oz "OIL CANS"

great ale flavor, a tiny touch of bitterness that an ale should have, nice malt overtone THAT I SO LOVE!! not very hoppy
a very slight rough edge but goes away quickly, not heavy and not light but very refreshing
well balanced

if you never had this one give it a try, it was my first time with the ale i have had the lager many times and liked it but have not had it in about 20 years maybe i need a revisit sometime??
one fellow on beer advocate made the comment that if you dont like the lager you would most likely like the ale
i do
thanks your friend Joe

For you, Scovie

8534712534_4ef033f6d6.jpg

I try to avoid shitty beer but in the summer I like an ice cold Corona with lime sometimes. I'll also down a Steinlager, Tseng Tao, or Grolsch. I guess the skunky taste of them borders on some kind of flavor at least ;)

not been drinking too much latly i go in spurts, however when i want a brew i have either Guinuss Extra Stout or Hienaken dark in my fridge
just like Dorkasaurus i avoid the cheap crap as much as i can and because i dont drink too much what i do drink has got to be good

thanks your friend Joe

For non-American, piss beer, all Canadian, Mexican, and Australian beers are basically the same. If we are instead talking about non-piss beers in general then American craft beers > all other beers with the exception of the best Belgian abbey and Trappist ales.

the ranking of best beers is:

Belgian
American
German - Scottish - English - Irish
everybody else

just recently got turned on to orangeboom; i was walking through trader joes and the main thing that caught my eye... $1 a pint.
turns out it's also amazingly smooth and flavorful. I went back and stocked up my fridge.
They also have a double IPA in the giant bottles, for 2 dollars; turned out to be amazingly smooth as well, not too much of a hoppy bite, and at 8.3% very cost effective.

just recently got turned on to orangeboom; i was walking through trader joes and the main thing that caught my eye... $1 a pint.
turns out it's also amazingly smooth and flavorful. I went back and stocked up my fridge.
They also have a double IPA in the giant bottles, for 2 dollars; turned out to be amazingly smooth as well, not too much of a hoppy bite, and at 8.3% very cost effective.

I don't know about the orange stuff but the "Mission Street" stuff Trader Joes carries is brewed by Firestone Walker, and they make some fine beers. If you've never heard of Firestone they make some world class brews like Sucaba, Parabola, and Double Jack IPA. They also contract brew for "Nectar Ales" (The Black Xanthus is good stuff).

The Mission Street stuff they do for Trader Joe's isn't their best but probably the some of the best beer around for the money.

the main brewery is in germany

but it is brewed in the US for consumption in the US at the budweiser plants, as its owned by InBev

Back