Fav non american piss beer?

PHB said:
+1 for you Ajijoe

Never drink French beer ! Stick to wine !

Drink German or Belgium beers, they know how to do some properly. :)
As do American micro-brewers who make the best in the world in my humble opinion.

You ever tried beer from German or Belgium micro-brewers than? ;) Here are quite some taverns that have their own brews, mostly pilsener or dark beers. Some are plain bad, but some are surprisingly good. In Belgium there are monestaries that have their own brews, but those are more tripels etc.

its been awhile since anyone posted on this thread so here gos!!!

i was just sitting here thinking and remembered that i rediscovered GROLSCH while i was on vacation in September, they had a few single bottles for sale for $1.89 each could not resist so i grabbed two I LIKED IT!!!?? and funny too cause this one when i was younger was on the top of the list of beers i really hated because it was "SKUNKY" but now that im older i find myself liking that ?? is that weird or what?? it also blows Heineken away!!!
i think im going to pick up a 6 today at my local bottle shop maybe something else too, something a bit better ;)
EDIT >>> i also found ST PAULI GIRL and SPATEN LAGER  aren't half bad either
all in all im not that fond of American style adjunct brews and these are the type i gravitate to when i want something lighter than my usual Stouts and Porters
thanks your friend Joe

Pfeffer said:
You ever tried beer from German or Belgium micro-brewers than? ;) Here are quite some taverns that have their own brews, mostly pilsener or dark beers. Some are plain bad, but some are surprisingly good. In Belgium there are monestaries that have their own brews, but those are more tripels etc.
i love triples and quads!!

Grolsch is my favorite Dutch beer, I don't like Heineken (as in would never buy it in the store, but would drink it at parties/events).

well just got back from the bottle shop and they where out of GROLSCH but she reassured me they where getting more and there also getting Carlsburg Elephant i love that one too!!
i know this stuff i got is not piss beer but>>>
 after a long stretch of indecision because they had so many wonderful selection i settled on SPATEN DUNKEL seeing this was my first time trying this one i can say i like it, i love OPTIMATOR and the Dunkel is a lighter version of it, its very malty they way i love my beer i have another favorite now the only one left from SPATEN is there  OKTOBERFEST

i had a little change so i picked up one bottle of  SKULL SPLITTER so i will be back with an edit later after i try it, it was warm and i have it chilling as i write this, i bought it because i have a friend that raves about it so i thought why not? see you a little later

IT WAS OK AT BEST REMINDED ME A VERY LIGHT BELGIAN NOTHING SPECTACULAR

thanks your friend Joe

I can't believe Tecate hasn't been mentioned yet.  I have a case of that on hand at all times.  Its my go to beer.  Surprisingly cheaper than most of the american piss beers too.  

I go on a Yuengling run every time I am in OH or TN.  Their lager is pretty good, but for the same price, the black and tan is great.  $6 for a 6 pack at most gas stations.

As far as German beers, I like the amber to dark ones.  For about a month now I have looked for St. Pauli Girl Special Dark, and i think its been discontinued. :(  I like the Warsteiner Dunkel for about $8 / six is a good regular.  I sometimes forget about Negra Modelo or Dos Equis Amber - those are German type beers too. 

Rawkstah said:
I can't believe Tecate hasn't been mentioned yet.  I have a case of that on hand at all times.  Its my go to beer.  Surprisingly cheaper than most of the american piss beers too.  
even though Mex beer gives me a headache after about one or two Tecate taste the best out of all the ones i tried
Jepper P said:
I go on a Yuengling run every time I am in OH or TN.  Their lager is pretty good, but for the same price, the black and tan is great.  $6 for a 6 pack at most gas stations.

As far as German beers, I like the amber to dark ones.  For about a month now I have looked for St. Pauli Girl Special Dark, and i think its been discontinued. :(  I like the Warsteiner Dunkel for about $8 / six is a good regular.  I sometimes forget about Negra Modelo or Dos Equis Amber - those are German type beers too. 
i live about 50 miles from the brewery and yes its good beer,kinda funny though i live so close and its so easy to get here you would think i would like it more but i really dont
i love the dark stuff best myself i paid $11.50 for a six of SPATEN DUNKEL last night and it is wonderful!!

Rawkstah said:
I second that!

Back