• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite Favorite hot sauce

I apologize if this has already been discussed but what are your favorite hot sauces? It doesn't have to just be about heat but it can be those with a nice flavor. I want to pick up a bottle or even more soon to add to the fridge since the only ones I have a srirachas, franks, red hot, and my own hot sauce I made. The one I made is with pablanos to give it a nice rich color, orange habs, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, carrots, and some other stuff.

So, what are your favorite sauces and where do you like to buy them?

El Yucateco Kutbil-Ik

It's easy to find in Mexican markets and has nice flavor.

xtrapicante.jpg

lol, el yucatan.....sorry bro it's just funny. But then again it's like liking spagettios...they are cheap and you can eat so much better but I still enjoy the shit out of them.

ATM my favorite sauce is Cappy's Brain Strain. I also like Just A Guy's Habermelon, Piney Hab Extreme and Tongue Twister. Melinda's Naga Jolokia is decent as well (commercial brand) Pex Peppers has a great BBQ sauce called Revenge.

If one wanted to split hairs ( and who doesn't?) hot sauce should be divided into 3 categories:

1) Grocery store shelf brands
2) Specialty store brands
3) Custom made microbrews

I keep some of each plus homemade stuff in the fridge at all times.

The main reason I posted this was to find recommendations as to which sauce I should add to my fridge supply. :)

If one wanted to split hairs ( and who doesn't?) hot sauce should be divided into 3 categories:

1) Grocery store shelf brands
2) Specialty store brands
3) Custom made microbrews

I keep some of each plus homemade stuff in the fridge at all times.

Why? Your favorite should be your favorite. Who cares where you got it or who made it, it's hot sauce.

I can't afford to buy a lot of expensive hot sauces so i usually made my own fresh sauce every week. If i do buy a bottle of hot sauce; used when no fresh sauce or fresh pods are available, I get 1 liter bottles, Tapatio, Valentinas, Guacamaya . . . Used for emergencies, or chips. Nothing wrong with el Yucateco. I'm no bottled hot sauce connoisseur.

I only use hot sauces that were made in the houses of those that are the decendants of the origional inventors of the very first hot sauces. Everything else is just too mainstream you know?

Serious answer is I like whatever I can find that's cheap, hot, and tastes good. so I look for the same qualities in women that I look for hot sauces.

Bat, sorry that was not my finest post.

Do you have a World Market near you? They carry a good selection. I found Melindas Naga Jolokia for a decent price.

I'll try and see if I can find one around here.

Apparently there is one in Roseville. I'll have to pay a visit there sometime.

I've had el yucateco. Hottest thing to be found at walmart. It is real good on mexican food but does not seem to fit on other food.

Also tried melindas Naga jolokia. Reminded me of a super hot tabasco. Tasty anyway, I put it on my breakfast biscut in the morning

I also like Z Nothing Beyond hot sauce. Pretty damn hot but nothing we can't handle, and it is an extract sauce. Bottle says Habaneros, pepper extract, ect. Still good.

But Sauce Makers Reserve Hot Sauce - X-Hot is my favorite for flavor. Awesome on meat .

haha i tried this one, the one i got was red, was gone quick in like 3 days i think, was pretty good though,
El Yucateco Kutbil-Ik

It's easy to find in Mexican markets and has nice flavor.

xtrapicante.jpg

I've posted about their sauces before - I think they're terrific. One of the hotter off-the-shelf hot sauces, with good flavor profiles.

One you may really like if you like El Yucateca is Mayanik.

http://www.mayanik.com/products.asp
I'd like to see JayT do a review of these sauces - the whole product line is solid. The green is fantastic, and the Orange is hot as hell without ruining you for the night.

Give 'em a try - also easily attainable at most Mexican markets, Mayanik is rock solid delicious & cookin hot.

productLine_sm.jpg

Back