• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite nutrients for your peppers...all types...

dyna gro foliage pro 
MagICal

this has been working great for me but i think i need to switch to a lower nitrogen fertilizer for july-october for more buds / pods.

Fertigation for the win!  :)

I wind up applying a small amount of something with most waterings.
Growing in Wallybags in the desert, the plants need a full watering every 2 or 3 days.

The list:

Miracle Blue Crystals!  1/2 ~ 3/4 teaspoon per 2 gallon bottle.

Epsom Salt.  A pinch every week or so.

An old bottle of 'Cactus Juice' because it has 1% Calcium nitrate.  Teaspoon per 2 gal, every so often.
(Recently ran out and switched to a dash of eggshells dissolved in vinegar.)

Occasional tsp of citrus fertilizer in the water, for the sulfur. 

The soil is a somewhat random mix of HP4, FFOF, composted cow poo, composted much, recycled unknown potting mix, coffee grounds, a dash of native soil, and whatever else is laying about.

The plants seem to love this Better Living Through Chemistry! approach -  they are growing like weeds.  See the 'Dragon Cayenne' thread for a representative picture.

I usually feed once every 6-7 days, rotating between a mix of fish hydrolysate/liquid kelp, and Dr Earth liquid tomato fertilizer. I also add some dry organic tomato ferts roughly every 2 months.

I do a lot of outdoor hydro so homebrew nutes are more cost effective than buying crop specific commercial nutes.
The main ingredients come from Yara brand chemicals in 25kg sacks, calcinit, krista K Plus, krista MGS and krista MKP. 1kg box of Fe-EDDHA (chelated iron). Much smaller weights of trace element chemicals, Copper, Zinc,Manganese (all in sulphate form), boric acid and sodium molybdate. Most synthetic nutes on the market are made from identical chemicals, apart from the Fe-EDDHA, they generally use Fe-DTPA (cheaper) or Fe-EDTA (cheapest). 

I water and talk to mine :lol:

All I really do is prep the soil at the bigging of the year with a mixture of MG potting soil/mother earth(dirt), acidfer to lower ph some, bonemeal and sand.

After about 3 months of growth I add MG (1/2 recommended) ever 3-4 weeks and have had great results in my location.

I try not to think too much otherwise I screw things up....lol

82814frtGarden.JPG

FF OF/HF mixed soil. I used the  FF Kangaroots and Microbrew first few weeks. After trans then nothing but 48hr old tap water. I just today hit them with Grow Big, Big Bloom Kangaroots and the brew, for the first time all at once.

Hi! New here and here's my first share.
I make/ferment my own organic fertilizers:
Weekend applications:
Young Seedlings stage - Chilli FPJ (Fermented plant juice) + Seaweeds Extract + Fish Amino Acid (FAA) and soon Snail Amino Acid (SAA)
Adult seedlings - same + Calcium Phosphate from egg shells and natural vinegar,
Pre flowering stage - same ++ Fermented Fruit Juice (FFJ) and using mulch from old compost
Flowering and fuiting stage - same +++ epsom salt and milk powder
Soil: Garden soil, vermicast, carbonized rice hull (sustitute for perlites), dolomite lime, little river sand, and charcoal for bottom drainage :)
Soil drench - vermitea with lactobacillus alternate with rainwater plus FAA or SAA

Ms Chilliness said:
Hi! New here and here's my first share.
I make/ferment my own organic fertilizers:
Weekend applications:
Young Seedlings stage - Chilli FPJ (Fermented plant juice) + Seaweeds Extract + Fish Amino Acid (FAA) and soon Snail Amino Acid (SAA)
Adult seedlings - same + Calcium Phosphate from egg shells and natural vinegar,
Pre flowering stage - same ++ Fermented Fruit Juice (FFJ) and using mulch from old compost
Flowering and fuiting stage - same +++ epsom salt and milk powder
Soil: Garden soil, vermicast, carbonized rice hull (sustitute for perlites), dolomite lime, little river sand, and charcoal for bottom drainage :)
Soil drench - vermitea with lactobacillus alternate with rainwater plus FAA or SAA

Jaysus, feel free to expand on that. Sounds interesting as all hell.

miguelovic said:

Jaysus, feel free to expand on that. Sounds interesting as all hell.
haha sounds complicated but its really not :) home fermentation just follows a basic rule of 1:1 ratio - 1 kilo material and 1 kilo molasses or raw sugar (i use muscovado or dark brown) and ferment for 1 month. Garden snails will be my next new favorite as they turn out to have higher amino acid than oily fish. Bait them with beer..harvest in the morning..put inside a sturdy plastic and run over by your truck or car to break the sells..transfer to a better container add sugar, sprinkle a few drops of lactobacillus drink, harvest the syrup after a month and the remaining sludge you can still extract from it using rain water and brew as tea :)

miguelovic said:
Are you adding water to the ferment? Dilution rate?
No water for me just basic material for better quality plus water will make finished product's shelf life shorter.

10480224_10152331332361593_6732492420685338736_n.jpg

10600358_10152333518161593_1824777902186610852_n.jpg

Assorted seedlings loving the seaweeds extract spray and soil drench :)

MUAHAHAHAHA!

And the organic army swells by one more.

Ms Chilliness said:
No water for me just basic material for better quality plus water will make finished product's shelf life shorter.

Assorted seedlings loving the seaweeds extract spray and soil drench :)

Is that Kappaphycus alvarezii (formerly Eucheuma cottonii), common name sea birds nest/tambalang?

By dilution rates I mean, when you apply it.

Back