• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite pepper for flavor

The simple Yellow Hungarian has a versatile flavour. I'm trying a Bahamian Goat for the first time. I should be able to have an opinion in a month or so. However I think any pepper that you can get to maturity is a winner. I tried the Sugar Rush Peach last year and it produced heavily. But they could never colour up at my latitude and tasted like turpentine. They were hands down the most awful pepper I had ever tasted. I am sure it was a ripening problem. So my point is whatever pepper you choose make sure you can get it close to maturity. 

Here's a dozen:  Aji Cachucha, Fatalii, Freeport Orange, Big Jim, Jimmy Nardello, Sweetest, Biker Billy, 7 Pot Yellow, Haskorea, Red Bhut Jolokia, Chiltepin, Shishito

Tough question dude as there's so many that I had not the chance to try yet! Was pleasantly surprised by the taste of the GRIF 9148 recently but I'd say the Yellow bonnet, SRP and Aji fantasy are among my favorite up to now! 

Edit: I eat a whole 7 Pot Nebru yesterday and "WOW!!!" the taste was really awesome, so I have to add it to my list above. It's a pretty hot one but the flavor shine thoughout the heat and stays for a long time. Can't wait for the other pods to ripen, a must try imo (big shoutout to Mr. Neil Smith from THSC!)

Back