• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite Pepper To Grow?

Ristra Cayenne....10" and larger cayenne peppers..

Billy Biker Jalapeno - a must every year in my garden...

Standard 7 Pot from Trinidad...best pepper I have ever grown/tasted/used IMO and the plants get huge....

Yellow Fataliis are one of the tastiest hotter varieties out there, one of my favorites.

Also, if they'll grow here in our climate, I'd be willing to bet they'd grow in Alberta :)

I like to grow Goats Weed (aka Black Cobra) the most. They just look so ominous in the black stage.
They start out green then go black then red. Not the hottest and for sure not the tastiest, but they look really cool haha

Jalapenos because I like to eat them and also make chipotles (my version anyway).

Caribbean Reds because it's such a versatile, prolific pepper.

7 pot because it is my favorite superhot for flavor.

Datils because you're not really a Floridian pepperhead without these in your garden.

Fresh... Fatalii (Excellent heat and great taste)
Powder and flakes... Red Savina Habs (Excellent heat, easy to dry, & not as pungent when dry)
Canning... Super Chilis and Mucho Nacho Jalapeno (Good heat and prolific)
Sauce... Haven't made any yet, but I would guess 7 Pod, Bhut Jolokia, or Naga Morich (Going to try some sauces this year... just thought these would work well)

not a hot, but i love a variety called marconi - heirloom italian fryer, great output, and great taste.....very little in life as good as sausage, peppers and onions

super chilis are a good little plant simply because they are prolific and useful, as well as easy to grow......at least one of those goes in every jar of dilly beans or pickles i make

right now i am in love with pasillas as well

Back