• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite peppers between 30-50k Scoville scale

Happy 4th of July everyone, I’m planning my next season peppers and I’ve come to realize that while I do like my sugar rush peach my 2nd year plants seem a lot hotter than I recall. Iwould like to have something a bit milder for snacking. 
Currently trying to grow Charapita Brazilian starfish and aji Colorado but they are struggling this year.

whats your favorite snacking pepper in the 30 -50 k scovillle range and which do you like to grow

thanks all

Aji Limon or lemon drop - a very productive plant - I had far more than I knew what to do with last year.

48749599071_0bf7b25274_c.jpg

Aji Guyana, Aji Rainforest, Barra do Ribiero, and Brazilian Starfish are all excellent IMO. Aji Guyana was one of my best producers last season too.

BlackFatalii said:
Aji Guyana, Aji Rainforest, Barra do Ribiero, and Brazilian Starfish are all excellent IMO. Aji Guyana was one of my best producers last season too.

Aji Guyana looks amazing! 

Peruvian Giallo Arancio. Very tasty pepper. Its a bit hotter than 50K, 80-120K SHU. Taste, heat and shape is good. I would cross it with something if u are interested crossing chilies :) 

Karpasruuti said:
Peruvian Giallo Arancio. Very tasty pepper. Its a bit hotter than 50K, 80-120K SHU. Taste, heat and shape is good. I would cross it with something if u are interested crossing chilies :) 
I can recommend this pepper as well, very good pepper indeed. I wouldnt say its above 60k tho. 

BlackFatalii said:
Aji Guyana, Aji Rainforest, Barra do Ribiero, and Brazilian Starfish are all excellent IMO. Aji Guyana was one of my best producers last season 
 I’m growing Aji Guyana. I pulled the seeds out from the seed train.  I have them in 5 gallon smart pots, but wish I would have put them in a bigger smart pot.  Lot’s  of pods just waiting for them to change color.  Hard to see because they blend so well with the leaves.

Attachments

• F7F8DB81-5C92-4A19-BB63-8F7B8E64EF86.jpeg
    F7F8DB81-5C92-4A19-BB63-8F7B8E64EF86.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 108
I'm not an aji family fan. But, I second the Brazilian starfish and Peruvian. My favorite in that range is the Bolivian rainbow peppers. They are so tiny they don't need cutting, just throw them on a meal whole, and grow them indoors year round as an ornamental.

Back