• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite superhots

my experience is rather limited, but i love bhut jolokias.
i was able to get a few pods from a specialty seller at the farmer's market over here and they made the best sauce i've ever had. behind the heat, there's a whole lot of flavor in those pods. far more than in the cayennes that i grew, and far better than in the habaneros i harvested.

I find the dorset naga and more so the naga morich to be more mellow and balanced. I find the Red bhut jolokia a bit too flowery for my taste. Even though I do enjoy the naga morich, I am not growing any this season as I am still searching for more varieties to add to my list of favorites. I would suggest trying a fresh douglah that has sat a bit (a week or two) and ripened. I find the taste amazing, sweet and nutty and they lose quite a bit of heat as they get over ripe. All the brown supers are good actually. The scorpion is the only red super hot I truly love the flavor of. Start at the tip where it is not as hot and you will get to taste it if your tolerance is up to it. Im sure there will be plenty of people including myself that will send you some to try. Just get your web camera ready... LOL

Hmmmmm.. I tasted quite a bit of super hots over the last year and in no particular order i liked the bhuts(red and chocolate) 7 pot brain strain( very impressed) and of course the yellow 7 pot. Barrackpore 7 was not too bad either.

As someone growing and looking forward to many of these peppers, I'm really enjoying this thread. It's great to hear the opinions of people trying some of these and contrasting them to each other.

Back