• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fiddy's Frylog

I cook so much stuff, I need a place to store it all!!!

For my first post here, I'm breaking out a birthday present I haven't played with yet.

A Himalayan Pink Salt Block.

Heat the block in the oven till it's smokin hot, and then you can cook on it. 
(or you can freeze it and serve cold items on it)

For this entry, I have thinly sliced beef tenderloin and Florida Key West Pink Shrimp. 

It'll be dusted with Rocketman's Smoked Habapeno.

Served with hippy red wine, Busch Light, and an avocado salad.

Nice FD. Here's some pics you missed...

9887421066_6998f2b807_c.jpg

9887410405_773d9ac19b_b.jpg

9887419516_4e6d9ef855_b.jpg

SKADOOSH

Oh yeah that's looks amazing!

Did you sauce it up after the pic? It needs moreeeee!

The Hot Pepper said:

Did you sauce it up after the pic? It needs moreeeee!

Nope, that would stray from tradition too much. 
The meat was soft and moist and very flavorful.
I actually leave the onions raw to give some bite.
The sauteed penos (never seen on a pcl) and louisiana sauce (common) went well with the chicharrones
Most pan con lechon is just bread, pork, and onions

Good stuff!!!!

Letting the meat shine is always good.

Keep posting stuff like this! Ropa vieja next please. Make it a sammie on garlic Cuban bread. Call it a Sloppy Jose. Yeah, that's it. Get to work.

frydad4 said:
Well, after the first use, this thing is officially amazing. 

The block imparted an ancient saltiness...but not TOO salty...
There's a learning curve I'm sure. I still don't realize the power of this amazing piece of equipment. 

I had a nice beef tenderloin in the freezer. Sliced it on the deli slicer so it would cook nice and quick.
The shrimps are local. 
Everything was topped with Rocketman's Smoked Habapeno Powder. That stuff makes leprechauns fart and unicorns get soft horns, but it's amazing for human consumption!!!

The Mrs. made green-goddess dressing for the meat and salad. The avocado was on sale (but the ones on my tree are about to ripen!).

Served with red and white wine and busch light. Thank god for a day off tomorrow!!

Enjoy.

Good times.
FD
Was looking to see who pimped the himalayan pink salt block's around here (besides Booma) ... and found some Fiddy gold!

But there's more ...

frydad4 said:
Pan Con Lechon

Let me start by giving a plug. This might be the best pork shoulder recipe in the world:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Garlic-Roasted-Pork-Shoulder-239994

Follow it to a T.

A Pan con Lechon is a SoFlo staple. You can get one on every corner down here.
Basically, it's garlicky pork on cuban bread. With raw or sauteed onions. And hot sauce, on occasion.
Sum came over to watch the Dolphins win, and help me empty some beer cans.
He took some good shots of this too,

The pork shoulder is a cheap cut of meat. I bought the whole thing on special for $4.50.
It has a big layer of fat and skin. If you do it right, this becomes the best part...the Chicharrones!!!
We also sauteed up some fresh jalapenos to throw on top.
Always top your sandwich with diced up Chicharron!!!!!
Squirt of lime, a little butter on the bread, maybe toast it up a bit....HEAVEN!!! (Or as they say in Spanish....Miami!!!)

Here it is Half-Way
9885795435_7d9be11141_b.jpg

Done!
9885910443_05cff6452f_b.jpg

Shredded!
9885805666_cc1c010389_b.jpg

Sammy
9885807616_cca39a230a_b.jpg

9885803205_e2b859a1aa_b.jpg

Boosh!
I have never heard of this before ... but I'm definitely going to make it soon!

Fiddy's a baller.

I don't know what a "baller" is.

What I DO know about Fiddy is that he is one of the most badass cooking mfr's ever on THP.

And from what I reckon from HUMINT and RUMINT here on THP, one of the coolest cats anywhere, alive or living.

Dude's got a wild animal named Bear. That Guy. who sometimes lives and hangs out on Fiddy's property.

Pisses on Fiddy's mango trees from what I heard and leaves bigass furball tufts in Fiddy's pool drains and filters.

I even seen photographs posted right here on THP of Bear. That Guy. passed out in Fiddy's guest bathroom tub.

Or maybe it was the master bedroom tub...

But we won't get into that now.

Because the 'thang is this...

If you have a wild ass drunk and high hairy man/bear/ape like creature sometime's staying over for the night or the weekend....

You're gonna' want That Guy. sleeping in a tub.

Trust.

I heard he's a peebody anyhow.

Back