• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fighting Curly Leaf

Horrible, just horrible.... I fixed one realy bad plant by saturating it with confidor and nursing it back to health. Now others have it. Any ideas for a better solution. I'm trying lime sulpher at the mmoment. I'm a bit concerned that this treatment wil kill all the hard work I have put in to making the soil rich in bugs etc.

2011-09-25174429.jpg

2011-09-25174454.jpg

2011-09-25174513.jpg

yea looks like mites...? anyway confidor? thats imidicloprid right? thats not effective for mites from my experience anyway.

i had mites not to long ago, i used a product called abamectin e pro you might want to read about it.

the stuff is sold in a super concentrated form, 1-2 ml per gallon is plenty. i think i sprayed every other day like 5 times... then waited a week and did the same thing over again. the product is "translaminar" supposedly, so once sprayed onto the tops of the leaves, it will make it down to the bottom of the leaf where the mites live. i followed the directions pretty strictly, distilled water ph'd to 5-6 and i added 5ml of a surfactant... alkylphenol ethoxylate per gallon to get the best coverage.

my plants are close to a giant pine tree, i understand these tend to harbor mites?

http://www.avidgardenpro.com/garden-products/abamectin-e-pro-0-15/

yea looks like mites...? anyway confidor? thats imidicloprid right? thats not effective for mites from my experience anyway.

i had mites not to long ago, i used a product called abamectin e pro you might want to read about it.

the stuff is sold in a super concentrated form, 1-2 ml per gallon is plenty. i think i sprayed every other day like 5 times... then waited a week and did the same thing over again. the product is "translaminar" supposedly, so once sprayed onto the tops of the leaves, it will make it down to the bottom of the leaf where the mites live. i followed the directions pretty strictly, distilled water ph'd to 5-6 and i added 5ml of a surfactant... alkylphenol ethoxylate per gallon to get the best coverage.

my plants are close to a giant pine tree, i understand these tend to harbor mites?

http://www.avidgardenpro.com/garden-products/abamectin-e-pro-0-15/

abamectin, I looked up, this is also used to kill worm infestations in sheep and cattle. I'm concerned that this may wipe out the living organisms including gardem worms etc.

Cheers for the help anyways, I'm greatefull for the advice

Back