• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Finally found Brisket in Germany

Its called Brustkern they use it for soup (supenfliesh) got a 4 Kg chunk and threw it in the smoker with my homemade sweet spicy sour sauce on it on slow heat. Cant wait day before yesterday I smoked a pig roast, it turned out divine.

Hells yes! Brisket is the best! I still cry a little for my friend who lives in Massachusetts that has never had any :(

brisket is awesome...cant wait to find some locally as well

zloikl.jpg
Pepper Belly...lol

I have fish on the left side with a couple of bell pepper and a habanero and jalapeno, and the brisket on the right. The right is lower heat than the left even with mods it, is still much better than with no mods. Pics uploading to photobucket now.

LUCKYDOG said:
That looks more like a Butt than a brisket thats huge

Nope this is the chest of a steer. Holstein steer. With the bone, in the states they give it to you without the bone. This has all the fat on it as well.

It is the point of the brisket. A whole brisket is hard to find around I tend to end up with mostly flats but that is still huge

LUCKYDOG said:
It is the point of the brisket. A whole brisket is hard to find around I tend to end up with mostly flats but that is still huge

Yessir that is how they cut it in Germany I was lucky to find it in a whole piece normally they slice it here in Germany.

looks like some good eats coming off the smoker soon..

i as well have never seen a brisket looking like that... learn something new everyday i guess..lol

you have a welding blanket on your smoker? very good idea if you do..

BamsBBQ said:
looks like some good eats coming off the smoker soon..

i as well have never seen a brisket looking like that... learn something new everyday i guess..lol

you have a welding blanket on your smoker? very good idea if you do..

They assured me it is the cut between the two front legs on the steer. And yes the black thing is a welding blanket for insulation. In Germany they don't cut the cow the same as we do stateside however this is the Brisket cut between the two front legs just with bone and fat.

We also had Trout and Salmon on the grill......I am not a fan of fish but my wife is, I have to admit this was the best I have ever ate, separating and finding the bones was extremely easy.

When I seen the size of that chunk of meat I was wondering myself--wondering how I was going to get a piece of it. I would say that is on the extreme side of yummy. Great work and congrats on finding it too!:)

Pepper Belly said:

Cool! I have the exact same smoker (got it from my grandpa) and haven't used it. Dad told me it was a cold smoker, but it looks like it puts out a bit of heat too. I really want to try smoking either brisket or butt. It looks sooooo good!

Back