• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Finally, some buds!

I have had three peppers - a bhut, scorpion and limon in a hydro unit since late spring. Finally, at least the bhut has some buds on it. Now the challenge will be to see if it will set fruit.

If it does, I'll use the peppers for seed, since I know the plants will not cross pollinate.

Mike

Yes wordwiz, i also would like some pics, im getting a grow light and would like to see other peoples setups. Congrats on your first buds Wiz.

I'm excited for you - I hope they give you some peppers! My plant is finally producing a couple peppers. Not very many flowers anymore - they don't like to pollinate for some reason (rarely any pollen). Pretty sure it is the weather/sun as the culprit.

I have a couple in a hydro setup. Im curious to see what yours looks like. Keep us updated!

Bhuts....lucky man.

wordwiz said:
I have had three peppers - a bhut, scorpion and limon in a hydro unit since late spring. Finally, at least the bhut has some buds on it. Now the challenge will be to see if it will set fruit.

If it does, I'll use the peppers for seed, since I know the plants will not cross pollinate.

Mike

Mike what hydro set-up you using and iam glad to see that you finally have flowers and it will pod if under good lights :)

The hydro unit is a DWC that has six slots for growing plants, I'm using four of them. The light, besides the ambient light that hits the plant, comes from a 45-watt, 110 bulb LED.

I'm impressed with it. It delves deep into the plants.

Mike

My camera won't

It's not light enough to get a decent picture without the light on over the plants but here are a couple.

redhydro2.jpg

redhydro.jpg

Mike

wordwiz said:
The hydro unit is a DWC that has six slots for growing plants, I'm using four of them. The light, besides the ambient light that hits the plant, comes from a 45-watt, 110 bulb LED.

I'm impressed with it. It delves deep into the plants.

Mike

My camera won't

Nice mick the lights is what im getting in the next few weeks and iam steering towards LED Myself..Thx :)

OMGThank You,
Buds or not that's a massive plant(s).
Zoom out so we can see your construcners. I'm curious about what you are groing in.
I want to start my own clone war one day, and it looks like you have a good way to begin.
I've found that the gentleness of leds is great for cloning.

My camera just shows the blue light. It must be trying to limit the red. Also they are only 13-16 watt 225s.
Anyway; another thing I like about the leds is the light weight and ease of hanging.
My plants are small cuz I am using such small containers and strange medium. Only the strong survived my neglect too.:oops:
A very primitive looking set-up I admit. I screwed small eyes or hooks right into the wall.

The container is a Sterilite 22 gallon tub. It has six 5-inch holes cut in the top. I bought it via e-bay but it is not hard to make one.

Mike

talas said:
Nice mick the lights is what im getting in the next few weeks and iam steering towards LED Myself..Thx :)

Talas,

I've just ordered one blue and one red 225 bulb, 13-watt panel to see how they work on seedlings. I don't think they have the power to enable the plants to set fruit, though they might if you have a couple of them or use something like CFL bulbs along with them.

Mike

Back