• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Attempt at Bonchi

OK well i decided i wanted to construct a bonchi and wanted to get the roots nice and treeish was gonna put a stone under but not many where i'm at soo a conch shell i think will do.
IMG00376.jpg

then i clear all the dirt off the roots of my anaheim chili which i won't be growing again because i can buy them at the store no prob so thtas why i chose this plant won't matter really if i screw it up.
IMG00377.jpg

then i put the shell in and roots over it and soil on the sides to hold the plant down and in place
IMG00378.jpg

and the grand finale bang here it is
IMG00380.jpg

I wish i had a bigger plant to use I do i just don't want to destroy one of my super hots right now or ever, soo just to be safe then pruned it up and we'll see how she does after some months in here i will transplant into a shallow shallow pot and go from theyre, hope all enjoy the top of the plant is just just out of the pic sorry i will prune it shorter but later on as it gets used to new environment

This is the first time I have heard of bonchi, so the roots growing around / in the shell will make it a stronger, more prolific plant?

bonchi is like making the plant look small and very compact like a mini tree. It is more something to look at rather then chile production very cool though.

only reason for shell or rock is to make the roots "more prolific". im not even sure what prolific means. kinda gives the roots some sun and makes them part of the whole tree scheme, the plant still will still produce peppers, not nearly as much as a non bonchi, i'm gonna try and keep this guy inside once it has been potted in the shallow pot. I dont really care if i get pods on this like kyle said, its an anaheim chili plant i can get plenty at the store i might gift this to someone or prob just keep around the house and get moss on it the whole shebang any one else have bonchi's feel free to post them here:)

The banana sprouts probably won't merge together like you want them to. Their genetics are different. To get that merged look, I would recommend using rooted cuttings taken from the same plant. Good luck with the Bonchi! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

origamiRN said:
Their genetics are different. To get that merged look, I would recommend using rooted cuttings taken from the same plant. Good luck with the Bonchi! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Wow I didn't know about that. I'm going to try that.
Thanks Origami dude!

Cool Origami didnt know that i will try that for sure then i will try from a different variety i'm thinkin my beni highlands. the plant is doing good needs a light wateribng on exposed roots it seems like everyonce in a while.
Havnet found any root soultion/stimulator at local garden centers gonna go to my local hydro store its lke 45 min away gonna have to get it soon. thanx origami

Back