• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first attempt

first thing...welcome to TheHotPepper from Fort Worth, Texas

best thing I can recommend is figure out where you want to start...then do a word search for the subject...

your question is way too broad to simply answer....there are thousands of pages of information on how to grow from seed...

If you want to grow from seed, there are many many threads that have information in them for that....

If there is a specific question you want to ask, I am sure it can be answered on this forum...

first question back to you in response to your "where do I start?" question is are you going to grow from seed or buy plants from a nursery?...

I start most of my seeds in styrofoam cups. Dont forget to place a hole in the bottom for excess water to drain

Welcome from Australia mate.

The link Txclosetgrower provided is what I would also start with then ask specific questions after that.

I used Styrofoam cups last year and they worked fine but this year I'll use those three inch nursery pots. Plants slide out much easier.

Mike

I also use cups but i put them in plastic bags to make mini green houses works great for me. I know i know not environmentally friendly either but it works. : )

like you said, where do I start.
well 1st do you plan to grow from seeds ? if so then get your seeds NOW! if its a late season grower you should be starting the seeds around the new year (jan 1)

if you plan to buy seedlings, check your local farmers market or you can buy from CCN, depending how far you're from them you could even pick them up. but you still have to order early from them its 1st order 1st served (to make sure you get your choice)

www.chileplants.com

next, what type do you want to grow ? as for me if I can buy them at a store I dont want to grow them. unless you really like that type.
theres ALOT of different types of chiles to choose from, these plenty of choices that are better than a jalapeno or orange hab & still very similar to those. but could be better in taste, production, disese resistent or ?

soil or hydro ?

start searching through the sites to make your choices, only weeks away til starting seeds (for most people)

good luck with your chiles & 1st season.

Back