• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First frost

The frost was a bit heavier this morning, but I got the sprinkler running and covered some plants with sheets, and the greenhouse is again full. I really hope nothing got too damaged since nicer weather is apparently coming.

saying prayers to limit your damage Derek...hope you can keep them going...

POTAWIE said:
The frost was a bit heavier this morning, but I got the sprinkler running and covered some plants with sheets, and the greenhouse is again full. I really hope nothing got too damaged since nicer weather is apparently coming.

Definitely a bit more frost. Supposedly from 3am - 8am was at the 0 or -1 mark last night. I covered half my plants with plastic (no blankets) last night and was happy to see that everything, even the uncovered ones are fine. And the good news is, it's looking pretty damn nice over the next week or so we may just make it into October after all.

Matt Berry said:
These weather forecasters are killing me!!! All week, and through out all of today they were forecasting lows between 38-41. Well here it is almost 10pm and I check the forecast, FROST ADVISORY with near record lows of 33-37 for tonight. Of course I'm not prepared to bring in all my peppers.

If weather forcasters were doctors we'd all be dead. Just be thankful for that. :lol:

It's been mighty cool all summer here (Saskatchewan), we had a hot Saturday this weekend and now it's back to the cold. Plan on digging up and pulling in some peppers soon.

Back