• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics First harvest…

Well…I don’t have a recent photos of the plants but the harvest was yesterday. The photo of the crop is from early Augustinas. I got about a gallon worth of Jalapeños, Chocolate Bismarck, ghost, peach and a single Whynot so far. Overnight, about 25 more peppers ripened.

My plants are in 7 gallon grow bags (2nd year in use). I have only fertilized twice this year using Jobes tomato fertilizer (very mild stuff). I am 6’2 and my biggest plant is up to my chest. I will add photos this week to show true scale in size…oh and one more thing I did differently this year was place grass clipping around the outer edge of the grow bags. My plants a VERY green so the nitrogen in the clippings must be getting used well.

I have roughly 30 plants and will have my best harvest yet! Last year I got over 7 gallons of peppers. I expect 10 this year…and I started every single plant from seed starting late January.

My $0.02 of growing advice is to NOT over think it! Pepper plants are very resilient. I will starve mine of water for 2 to 3 days at a time before watering. And then I water each plant for only 10 seconds…I’ve done alright so far.

Attachments

• B7AB85DF-8186-45ED-BFAC-BE80D4BF1130.jpeg
    B7AB85DF-8186-45ED-BFAC-BE80D4BF1130.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 18C5E5FA-9262-41F2-9747-9566D6474F18.jpeg
    18C5E5FA-9262-41F2-9747-9566D6474F18.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 146
Great Harvest so far jodom looks like it's really paying of for you and some wise advice we all overthink our grows doesn't matter if where a beginner or veteran at growing.🙂

Great Harvest so far jodom looks like it's really paying of for you and some wise advice we all overthink our grows doesn't matter if where a beginner or veteran at growing.🙂
Something else I have been doing this year is removing the lower leaves and suckers. The stalks in some of these plants are almost 2” around at the base.

Back