• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Plantout Transplants - 04-10-09

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
today is the first day I have transplanted any pepper plants to 5 gallon containers for this season...it is going to be a long weekend...

Here is the transplant area set up in the growrage...will post pics thru the day...especially plants grown from seed from Potawie, PRF, and Pablo...won't get to the Piqranos or others this weekend but they are not ready for 5 gallon containers yet anyway..

041009b001-1.jpg

can you say rootbound and ready for transplant...these plants should really take off in their new 5 gallon homes...

041009b003.jpg

first transplant of the season.....it is a Naga Morich from homegrown seeds....the original seeds came from Philliperv and they are very hardy plants...

041009b005.jpg

back to work...

Take your time AJ and don't over do it. I found placing a tarp on the ground and using a rake to mix and a shovel to fill containers helped speed up the process. I could do 4 or 5 plants at once, or a variety at a time. Good Friday to you AJ.;)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Take your time AJ and don't over do it. I found placing a tarp on the ground and using a rake to mix and a shovel to fill containers helped speed up the process. I could do 4 or 5 plants at once, or a variety at a time. Good Friday to you AJ.;)

Wise words wish i thought about that last year as re-potting can be
like a day at the Gym,A.J Buddy looks like the plants are ready for a long summer..god months till pod picks..years going quickly :)

I am just doing one at a time for right now...using the 25 gallon container to mix new potting soil with soil from last year...

here is a pic of my Naga Big Bangs from Potawie...thanks Derek...

thanks gents and Good Friday to all....

041009c001.jpg

here are my PRF Naga Morich....thanks Cappy...

041009d002.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Looking great AJ, I'm glad the BigBang nagas are growing well for you. Keep up the good work eh!

Thanks Derek...they are really doing well...

here is a pic of the Naga Morich I got from Okie Joe....thanks Joe...

041009e001.jpg

As always looking really good AJ. Those babies are really looking good. I want to get mine out so bad but the nights are still down in the 40's. The ground is just at 54 degrees so its still a little bit chilli. So hoping that the next few weeks gets a bit warmer and more drizzling rain with out the fires!!!!!!

btw The fires was close but not so close where had to evacuate.

Thanks Lee and Okie...

Lee...yes sir, they will be in these continers until harvest time...

Okie...you may have felt it...prayers were sent your way concerning the fires....

Are you ready for the storms coming tomorrow night/easter sunday?

Wow AJ, I have a feeling once those roots taste a little fresh dirt and some wiggling room those plants are going to dang near explode. I wouldn't be surprised if you can hear them growing. Man oh man.

You know it is an absolute pleasure to look at your photos and watch the change and the new growth. Thank you.

Wishing all of you a happy Good Friday too.

They saying that the rain coming Sunday off and on but only going to be 1 to 2 inches. Plus next Thursday the low at night is 38 dang this weather man can't he give a lil warmth at night plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

patrick said:
Wow AJ, I have a feeling once those roots taste a little fresh dirt and some wiggling room those plants are going to dang near explode. I wouldn't be surprised if you can hear them growing. Man oh man.

You know it is an absolute pleasure to look at your photos and watch the change and the new growth. Thank you.

Wishing all of you a happy Good Friday too.

I'm hoping the "wiggle room" will do them good too Patrick...thank you for your compliment...

here is an obligatory shot of the greenhouse plants...got a bunch more to transplant before it is over...hell, I will still be transplanting in May....the plants at the bottom of the photo are my bell peppers and they definitely need some feed...

041009g002.jpg

Oh my gosh AJ what a small greenhouse or is it all them pretty green ladies hanging out. That simply looks great really fantastic!!!!! What a green thumb you have growing there. Those guys and gals sure do look great.

Nice Thread AJ. Massive plants.
I missed the post that said how many plants you sold and how they were received at the sale. I love to hear about excited customers.

ABurningMouth said:
Nice Thread AJ. Massive plants.
I missed the post that said how many plants you sold and how they were received at the sale. I love to hear about excited customers.

thanks ABM...I sold about 100 tomato and pepper plants last weekend...everyone said how healthy my plants looked...I was getting a good price for them (about 4 each and 6 for the Bhuts)...had a lot of lookyloos that asked how much (even with a price list posted right in front of their eyes) and when I said four, they walked away...thats cool with me...people that bought from me knew a little about tomatos and peppers...what I am selling, you can't go to lowes or homus depos and buy...

Nice looking plants AJ! Its a big group of peppers, will be nice to see how your soon to be sea of chili's will look.

Back