• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Rain in 7 Weeks...I had to take pictures :lol:

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
We had 1/4" of rain 7 weeks ago and it has been absolutely bone dry since...well when I got off work today and came home, it kinda looked like rain off to the northwest...came in, turned on the radar and it was bearing right down on me....

had to take a couple of pictures...

081408Rain1.jpg

Rain barrels full again..

081408RainBarrel1.jpg

got 1/2 inch in about 20 minutes...

081408RainGauge1.jpg

Weather forecast says we are going to get rain on and off for the next 5 days...I say bring it on as the plants are loving it...

Glad to hear it AJ, but by the look of those latest Harvest Pictures you have been managing. I have had it great lately. Nice and warm both day and night with a lot of sun and afternoon/evening showers and thunderstorms. I haven't had to water for almost two weeks. Mother Nature has been taking care of it for me.

This is the first time here we havnt had rain for more than 1/2 a day well for the most part..Your plants look nice man..and ya got some nice pics there

It's about time you guys got some rain AJ. That's good news! We've been pretty dry here the last few weeks as well. Next week looks like there's a bit of rain in the forecast though.

Hey AJ,

Can you take a few pics of your rain barrel setup for me?

Also, whats the storage on those babies, and how long does it last with all those plants?

AJ,

Isn't one of the free things of life so fantastic? I can remember, growing up, when our tobacco crop was dying because of lack of rain. Then seeing the sky open and drops of water coming down. Dancing in the rain! Yeah, been there, done it. As I have posted, growing pepper or raising a garden as a hobby or to have some nearly free food to eat is great. But when one's survival depends on it, it's a different feeling.

Mike

Glad to hear that.

Also nice pics and a good look at your garden. Your rain barrel setup reminds of my own, looks more or less the same. :)

Great pictures A.J nice to see the plants will get some relief...can't beat natures water for your plants :)

It is the coolest temperature right now since the last of June....67F ~20C...thunder and lightning to the northwest and drizzling rain...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......good rain coming again...I have watched the radar on and off all night waiting for this...going to go out on my patio and drink a cup of coffee in the dark and watch/listen to the rain and weather...

AlabamaJack said:
It is the coolest temperature right now since the last of June....67F ~20C...thunder and lightning to the northwest and drizzling rain...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......good rain coming again...I have watched the radar on and off all night waiting for this...going to go out on my patio and drink a cup of coffee in the dark and watch/listen to the rain and weather...

Theres nothing like a storm..as long as your not in it of course,Love to watch the old fireworks myself with a nice drink..enjoy your coffee ;)

You can have the rain and cold weather, I'm ready for summer to finally start.
I don't even have an eavestrough and my rain barrels fill up everyday:(

I know you guys up north have had a very very wet/cold year....like ours was last year (cold comparatively)...but I will tell you this...any rain you don't want...please send it to Texas...our average high temperature dropped from 96F to 95F yesterday so the roughest part of our summer is over (hopefully)...with the lows down in the low 70s now, I expect to start getting good fruit set and still have time for a bountiful superhot harvest...

We got another inch of rain this morning and some more looks like it is on the way...this is due to that huge low pressure system/cold front that is dropping due south out of Canada along the eastern slope of the rockies and will do well for our lake levels, most of which are 3-5 feet below normal...

Back