• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

First ripe strawberry of the season

Hey everybody, I know I havent been on here as much lately but was super excited to go to the garden and see the first ripening strawberry this year. I have been lazy and not taken many pics but I have also gotten a couple of harvests of spinach as well.
OqNmi.jpg

STRAWBERRIES and SPINACH?!?!??? OK- I'm officially jealous!

My Alpine are also starting to ripen. I only have maybe 14-16 plants but those things are loaded. Much to my surprise, I transplanted a bunch of TriStar berries a couple of weeks ago - two of them already have berries on them.

Mike

Nice its a bit cold here at the mo so no strawberries for me.

I have two hangers going now packed with plants :)

Make a strawberry hanging basket:

http://strawberries-chocolate.com/strawberry-hanging-baskets/

http://strawberries-chocolate.com/planting-strawberries-in-a-hanging-basket/

Nothing like fresh strawberries. I don't grow them because we have a Hmoung family with 10 acres of berries behind the house and they sell them cheap. They've been in season for about a month now. We look forward to spring to get their great big berries.

Ive already had like 150 ripe berries this year. I just go through the greenhouse and steal everyones ripe fruit. Theres like 50 plants so i get a lot of berries. and therees nothing like fresh homegrown strawberries, there so dank.

wwoooooowza!!

Was it tasty Prehensile? Or just all watery?

yuuumz I love buying the cheap 1kg frozen strawberry packs and making smoothies with them but banana's are like $13kg so haven't had any for a bit.

wwoooooowza!!

Was it tasty Prehensile? Or just all watery?

yuuumz I love buying the cheap 1kg frozen strawberry packs and making smoothies with them but banana's are like $13kg so haven't had any for a bit.

They are very very sweet this year Plant City berries smoke those Cali berries hands down.

The last and best straws i grew were the Gariguette which were the best tasting imo but not a very good traveller as it doent take much to turn to moosh

Back