• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor First Taste of Brains!

Nice pods bud! Brainstrain's are pretty wicked jokers. I think in the top five hottest to me. The brains I eaten have been hotter then morouga's that I've eaten. Any who, nice Brains my friend. What are you going to do with them? Make powder, dry whole,sauce.... :)

Nice peppers
Thanks Nightshade

Nice! I've had people tell me the BSs are the hottest I have, I think its the type of burn that sets em apart as well as the awesome flavor.
Yeah, they are very hot! That sucker made my tongue feel like it was asleep.

Nice pods bud! Brainstrain's are pretty wicked jokers. I think in the top five hottest to me. The brains I eaten have been hotter then morouga's that I've eaten. Any who, nice Brains my friend. What are you going to do with them? Make powder, dry whole,sauce.... :)
Wicked to say the least. They are in the freezer now, probly going to dry them for powder when I get more of them.

Good looking pods.
Thanks ms1476

Very nice pods!!! I can see the pools of oil in them OUCH!!! :fireball: :hot:
Yeah they are incredibly oily, I couldn't believe it. Scorchers for sure! :mouthonfire:

Nice pods. Red brains are probably my new favorite pepper. The heat is obvious from the start. My red brains are consistantly hotter than the Moruga Scorpions growing right new to them. Seems like about 30% hotter. I haven't had any of these Reapers yet, nor have I had Douglahs or & Pod Primos, but have them all growing. One of these four should be the next world record holder for the hottest pepper, and right now, I'm going with a super hot red Brain Strain. Tom

Nice pods. Red brains are probably my new favorite pepper. The heat is obvious from the start. My red brains are consistantly hotter than the Moruga Scorpions growing right new to them. Seems like about 30% hotter. I haven't had any of these Reapers yet, nor have I had Douglahs or & Pod Primos, but have them all growing. One of these four should be the next world record holder for the hottest pepper, and right now, I'm going with a super hot red Brain Strain. Tom
I found my reaper to be hotter than my brain strain!

I found my reaper to be hotter than my brain strain!
Well, it should be, thats what I'm hoping for. If Morugas were averaging a little over 1.2M and these Reapers truly average more than 1.4M, then they should be consisantly hotter. We were also promised a good taste too. I don't think there were any major tests with the brains but mine are at least hotter than my Morugas. I have my first reaper pod that is full size but not shoing color yet, so I may only be a few weeks away now. I can't wait to bring it to hot pepper night and let several people try it for the first time. Have you grown the 7 pod Primo? and if so, how do they compare with your reapers? This will be a fun year for trying new hot things. I just started another 30 red brain plants and have 18 primos and my second batch of reapers that will add 12 to the other 7 I have already.

Well, it should be, thats what I'm hoping for. If Morugas were averaging a little over 1.2M and these Reapers truly average more than 1.4M, then they should be consisantly hotter. We were also promised a good taste too. I don't think there were any major tests with the brains but mine are at least hotter than my Morugas. I have my first reaper pod that is full size but not shoing color yet, so I may only be a few weeks away now. I can't wait to bring it to hot pepper night and let several people try it for the first time. Have you grown the 7 pod Primo? and if so, how do they compare with your reapers? This will be a fun year for trying new hot things. I just started another 30 red brain plants and have 18 primos and my second batch of reapers that will add 12 to the other 7 I have already.
na didnt grow the Primo.
I couldn't tell you if the carolina reaper tasted nice, the burn was instantanious and harsh. I ate about 1/5 on an empty stomach and my stomach started hurting within about 1minute of eating it. Never had anything do that to me before. There is no way I will ever eat a whole carolina reaper! or a brain strain for that matter. While the brain strain doesnt seem as hot, but it still crazy hot!
My brains

my reaper

Back