• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics First time from seeds Pics

Well.
like the title says. This is my first time growing from seeds. Pretty excited cause things are actually coming along. I am no gardener. lol. But im learning slowly. and what better way to learn then with some peppers. lol.
anyways on to the pics. Started with a tray of pucks.. well actually 10 pucks with 3 seeds in each. put them on top the wireless router and let them do their thing for a bit.
And now i got hooks. Had some white hair like stuff in there as well. I learned from another member on here that i was a type of mold. Also learned how to take care of it (cant remember who it was now but thanks again for the info)
Now i got some little leaves starting out. well not real leaves.. but those first 2 sprouts before the true leaves.

Which brings more questions. lol. When should i get these things under some lights? Im thinking it will be pretty soon. going to have to run out and get something setup in the near future i think. These are plants are going to stay inside until next summer.
Anyways thanks for looking.
And as always any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
hooks with little white hairs.
IMG_4337.jpg

little guys reaching for the sky. also moved some pucks around because they seemed to be soaking up alot more water on the edges.
IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

Thanks for looking.

my understanding is once they sprout they should be under lights as they now need the light to grow. i had some sprout few days ago and they are getting filtered sunlight from 2-sunset, and i have been putting them in direct sunlight for 10-15 min then back in shade, then a couple hours later back out for a few min. trying to harden them off from the get go!

my understanding is once they sprout they should be under lights as they now need the light to grow. i had some sprout few days ago and they are getting filtered sunlight from 2-sunset, and i have been putting them in direct sunlight for 10-15 min then back in shade, then a couple hours later back out for a few min. trying to harden them off from the get go!

Thats pretty much what i have been seeing everywhere. Not have any floros at the moment i'll put them in a window with no sun shining through it. for a few hours.. although a filtered approach does sound interesting. Are you using screen as a filter? or a light piece of cloth?

thanks for the reply as well.

well been awhile since i updated this. lol.

Here are some pics of the sprouted peppers above. almost all of the pucks i used sprouted all the seeds i put (3 in each if i recall). One was actually white for some reason.. It didnt last. But looked to be strong.
IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

more recent pics comming as i need to upload them first.

White seedlings probably mean a nutrient problem from old seeds or possibly defective genetics. Never seen it happen to my babies yet but my diagnosis is "Early-onset chlorosis" :rofl:

I would go on the side of old seeds.. because most of these are real old.. like sitting wrapped in foil and in a ziplock for like a year.. Just sitting in the kitchen window sill.. lol.. other were fresh from a pepper those seem to be growing alot faster.. But that could be the soil mix and type of pepper they are as well.

welll....

It has been a long time.. and by some miricale i have not killed all the little pepper trees i have. lol.
Most are gone. However some have survived. some i started in soil, some in jiffys.
Here is what i have. I never expeted to keep them this long. But i figured what the heck. might as well see what happens with them come summer time. I get them in some real sun from time to time.
There is one that i thought would never make it. it was a grown pepper that spent the summer outside.. and once i brought it in the aphids took a turn, and it just didnt seem right after that. But now its looking a bit better. its the one in the big pot..
i still have to repot one of them that is living in a cup still.
anyways on to the pics..
the group
IMG_6133-1.jpg

and singles from the group
IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

and 2 that are in another room and get sun when it is sunny.
IMG_6147.jpg

and the big one i thought would never make it
IMG_6150.jpg

and some pepper sauce that will be made again if these little guys produce for me this summer...
The little bottle on here is going to a member who very graciously gifted me some seeds some time ago. I have not forgotten him.. im just very slow. lol.
IMG_6143.jpg

edit: i see things have changed so you cannot post multiple posts, it just lumps it into the same one if you are the previous poster...
so clicky links if you want to see the last 2 pics. or someone can post them for me if they want. lol.

as they now need the light to grow.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... They do grow towards the light... But at the cotyledon stage, I would be willing to bet its mostly for warmth... That said, they still have a tendency to grow towards the light, though that is just one of their "-tropisms".

wow i gotta update this topic..
day are getting nice. nights are still a bit cold though. Think im going to wait till its at least 10C at night before i leave them out all night.
hopefully soon.

OK.
an update.
things have been going as well as can be expected.
I have some plants that are "leggy" for sure.. and some that are not. All grown in the same fashion. no fans and only sunlight throught the window for about half the day.
I started putting them outside to get some breeze and more sun, cut some of them back that were extra leggy so they could cope with the wind a bit better.
also noticed what i am guessing is sunburn on some leaves.
funny part is today i only put the one plant out. the big one. and it was cloudy and overcast all day.. yet it looks to have developed a burn.
anyways onto the pics.
IMGP0286.jpg

IMGP0287.jpg

IMGP0288.jpg

cut this section off the above plant because it was a little to heavy to support itself. stuck it in the water and forgot i put it there. thinking i may try a rooting compound and see what it does.
IMGP0289.jpg

IMGP0291.jpg

IMGP0292.jpg

couple flowers on the big one.
IMGP0296.jpg

well, a few months later.
And i actually have peppers this year. Some misc pics of them all.
Still have no clue what any of them really are. But have been looking all over online for pics of similar peppers.. funny thing is when i do search google. most of the pictures are from this site. lol.
anyways. here is some pics.
IMGP0584.jpg

IMGP0585.jpg

IMGP0592.jpg

IMGP0595.jpg

IMGP0594.jpg

IMGP0593.jpg

also picked this earlier and put some in a sammich i made for lunch. green parts had no heat. purple had some. But not over powering. and no idea of any flavors. well except bitter on the green parts. lol.
IMGP0579.jpg

IMGP0580.jpg

I'd say hell yeah!! Going to step it up a bit this winter though. Better enviroment in the winter most likley helps with quick growth come summer. All I'm going to do is some floro T8 lights and maybe a little tent to keep them warm.

Back