• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First Time Grow - 7Pod, Scotch Bonnet, Serrano

Hey all!,

Note: I'll start transplanting previous posts into this thread as times goes by.

"First Time Setup" Thread

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Jumpstart T5 Fluorescent 2' kit (No Stand) For Seedlings[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]LED Comet Magenta 150LED Lamp ([/background]HID Hut[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]) (for veg and pre transplant outdoors to pots).[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Seed Cell Dome[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Rapid rooter plugs (General Hydro)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Plastic Seed Cells[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]CloneX Solution (For seedling foiler)[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Super Sprouter Heat Mat[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Super Sprouter Thermostat[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Salvation Army - Old CRT/TV Dresser ($25)[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]4L Jug (Great for Kool-aid [/background] ;)[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] )[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Oakton EcoTester pH1[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]General Hydro pH-Up[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]General Hydro pH-Down[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]A couple of pipets - One for nutrients, one for pH balancing.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]FoxFarm - Grow Big[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Plant Success - Granular Root Nutrients[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]General Hydro Pro Bloom[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]General Hydro Cal Mag (For reverse osmosis or filtered water)[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Panda Film - White & Black Poly 6mil (10x10)[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Pump Sprayer[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
img1595pm.jpg
[/background]

It's been a good minute since I updated this. I'll post some pics later today. I started to add a little Pro Bloom to the nutrient solution and from the looks of it it's helping with flower production. Just in the last 3 days I've noticed 2 or 3 flowers popped on each Serrano. The scotch bonnet is gettin there. Boy did she get bushy. One of the mystery seeds, silver suffer seeds, kinda struggled through the transplant but seems to be doing better now. I've been bottom feeding (soaking) and light top feed with a mister pump sprayer whatever. The mycho is starting to develop colonies which is great. I'll post pics later

in the bottom right is the pepper that had a hard time post transplant.
img2334lg.jpg

img2335c.jpg

^^ Ugg those seranos are getting to big... I've officially ran out of space...

Flowers...
img2336pg.jpg

img2337i.jpg

little guy struggling... (Silver Surfer Mystery)
img2338xq.jpg

im out of space... but this guy keeps growing... (T-Scorp)
img2339w.jpg

From the other day...
img2341jq.jpg

What is up with some of those weird looking leaves.. Some of them look like mutant leaves, is that natural? Perhaps nutrient burn, or mutation? Teenage Mutant Ninja Peppers?

Some of the flowers look like they have been blown back abit, thats because I had the fan running and I'm out of space at this point. I need a grow tent. :/ $$Cha Ching$$

Now thats a healthy indoor grow !

I can't wait til my plants get that big......and yes I agree the lack of extra space can be an issue. You can always rotate the plants in and out of the lights to get a balanced grow.

Now thats a healthy indoor grow !

I can't wait til my plants get that big......and yes I agree the lack of extra space can be an issue. You can always rotate the plants in and out of the lights to get a balanced grow.

Hmm.... I rotate them around inside the box. I'm just going to get a grow box soon. I've wanted one since before I started this endeavor. I paid $25 for the old television dresser you see here. It's served it's purpose well. It's time to upgrade. The amount of room I have now is nothing compared to what I'm going to need in two or three months which is close to when I can start hardening them off and moving them outside.

wow.. plants indoors look nice... how many SS mystery did you sow??? let me know how it goes... maybe i can help ID it when it pods up

Denniz, I dropped three or four seeds in a solo cup, only one popped. I had already started other plants and at this point I'm out of room. I'm gonna wait until jan-feb to sow some more seeds. I'll get em going and by the time they're ready for a pot I'll have a grow tent and I can start moving some of these guys outside. I'll keep you posted.

So yesterday I came home and I realized I totally forgot to water my plants. They went about 6-7 days without water. They looked all wilted. I dunno. Kinda make me think for a sec, what been on my mind?

Any ways... I made a couple gallons of water with some FFGB, ProBloom, and Calmag. I went easy on the nutes because I didn't want to fry the plants after they hasn't been watered in so long. Jus playing it safe. They look pretty good now. I got some before an after pics that ill post tomorrow.

Night y'all.

So i swapped out two bulbs for bloom bulbs. The Serrano peppers seem to be popping flowers all the time now. I used a dash of KoolBloom (GH) to help with the phosphorus uptake of the plants. My nitrogen levels are much lower than phosphorus at the moment. I'm now moving from a Growbig to ProBloom solution. I'll keep you guys posted and host some pics tonight. I'm stressing the plants at the moment by watering every 4-5 days with a little top watering in between. I def need to water tomorrow morning.

Arrrg - supper lazy with the pics, just watching peppers grow lol. So I've been loosin track of my watering schedule an my scotch bonnet keeps wilting, I've managed to play Dr/Medic and get I back on order quickly by watering it. I've read that stressing plants makes for hotter peppers. Is this true? I sure hope so... That being said, I just sprayed the soil with my CYA bottle I keep in the fridge. The SB is growing like crazy, the seranos not so much. I've been pretty good with mixing veg nutes for the smaller plants and bloom nutes for the larger ones, that seems to be working quite well. I've been bottom feeding so I think what's happening is some of the plants aren't getting the water it needs. I'll start bottom feeding and spraying the top a little bit next cycle.

So from the looks of it, the Seranos stopped producing flowers. I assume this is normal behavior, or my phosphorus levels are to low. Both plants produced a between 5-7 peppers total, in a 1G pot. I can't wait for the spring to move these outside and into larger pots.

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Been kinda busy.

I picked up a semi-decent grow tent and now I have enough room for all the plants through the winter.

I'll post some new pics. When I get to work

It appears your plant may have been strickened with "edema". That can easily happen when a plant absorbs too much water either from the leaves (humidity) or soil and most likely both. The plant could be having trouble expelling the excess resulting in wilted lower yellowing leaves. The leaves eventually drop off ...sometimes fatal. If you feel that this is the case bring the plant to an area where it and the soil can dry out. The upper plant ends and new growth will perk up.

Now if your soils bone dry to the touch from an inch below the soils surface ...water
The other extreme and I don't recommend to top water but to check for squiming larve in the soil drench the top layer and immediantly look with a magnifying glass at the soil for wormy pests. That can be a sign of fungal gnats which feed on the roots or other types of larve which group at the top of the soil.

Ha.....by the time I get done typing your plants will be back to normal...
Post some more info and photos...

I know your troubles, dem plants look sideways and upside down. straighten them upright and they’ll do much better ;) :D Sorry, I couldn’t resist … don't listen to me, listen to Greg ^_^ and great luck to your 2013 grow!

Back