• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First time grower, long time lover

First time grower, long time lover - video on page 3 :D

hi guys !

so this is my first dance with growing plants myself and i hav had the luck of a friend telling me quite a lot about it so
atleast theoretically i had a solid background

so i got myself some seeds and started off, here are pictures and text of my journey leading up to the current day,

the seed starter, heated:
seedstarter.jpg

tomato today:
103tomate.jpg

red chili today (dont know strain yet):
83chili.jpg

basil:
basilikum1.jpg

i also have majoran, lavender, some jalapenos and other peppers growing.
i plan on updating here every once and now because i love to share pics with others who dig this hobby !

all the plants are under 3 x 18watt neons and it appears as if they are liking it !

cheezydemon said:
Looks Good!

Once they have sprouted, lose the humidity.

yes the dome has been removed for some time already now.

if someone can tell me WHEN to transplant the seedlings into bigger pots it would be much appreciated !

you can transplant them when they have first set of true leaves. that should be about 3-4 weeks since they sprouted.
this is my first gowing season as well.
good luck!

ohmatic said:
yes the dome has been removed for some time already now.

if someone can tell me WHEN to transplant the seedlings into bigger pots it would be much appreciated !

Once you get roots coming out of the starting medium you can pot up. Doesn't have to be exact but usually a few true leaves is a good indicator something is old enough to fertillize and transplant.

And welcome aboard glad to see you're already loving it

Pepperfreak said:
Welcome from Ohio. This will soon take over your life, home and yard.

Resistance is virtile....

haha i gotta stay on the balcony, im afraid ill plaster it with plants lol !

can too warm of a temperature also slow things down ?
i think my plants are looking fine and healthy however i am reading close to 30C so i wonder if i should move the lights farther away from them ?

i repeat, so far they are all seeming to like it, no hanging leaves, no discoloration ... whats the max temp i can expose them to (safely)

IMO, about 75-90F is good, much over 95F and stuff can start dropping.

Is a good idea to have a small fan to give airflow and promote strong stems too. :)

Welcome ohmatic. If you are using the fluorescent fixture I see in the pic keep it as close as possible to the plant, I let mine grow right up into the light before I raise it up. I believe a fluoro tube will keep it around 80 deg. On the transplant part you can transplant anytime you wish, I transplant mine as soon as the hooks straighten out.

Dale

thepodpiper said:
Welcome ohmatic. If you are using the fluorescent fixture I see in the pic keep it as close as possible to the plant, I let mine grow right up into the light before I raise it up. I believe a fluoro tube will keep it around 80 deg. On the transplant part you can transplant anytime you wish, I transplant mine as soon as the hooks straighten out.

Dale

thank you for your advice, however i get up to 30C degree reading on the soil so i cannot really see how i could let them grow direclty into the lights.

this may have to do with me not using any source of ventilation such as a fan, but i cant really use one even though i am sure i could keep it a lot closer if i used one.

so right now i got it like 6 inches above and the temp seems to be just fine, 28C now

Mate, Plants look good and healthy....You are on your way to being a master....

Welcome from NSW Australia

ohmatic said:
thank you for your advice, however i get up to 30C degree reading on the soil so i cannot really see how i could let them grow direclty into the lights.

this may have to do with me not using any source of ventilation such as a fan, but i cant really use one even though i am sure i could keep it a lot closer if i used one.

so right now i got it like 6 inches above and the temp seems to be just fine, 28C now

hm i dont know, the temp is better now but i dont like the looks of it how far they are from the plants :(

well well well, ill see how it continues

ohmatic said:

30C should'nt hurt your plants.

Dale

Back