• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics first time growing super hots *pics*

Redrum801 said:
Nice looking plants there !!! This is my first year also , I started late so I bought some plants hope they grow up as nice as yours . From what I've read yellowing could be either overwatering or a cal/mag deficiency .
Overwatering or inconsistent watering can cause nutrient lockout, even if the minerals are there in abundance. But i see no mention of fertilizer so....

To the original poster: you did not mention any sort of fertilizer, have you fed those plants some well balanced nutes yet? The plants seem a bit small for having been planted in January, and living in San Diego's awesome climate.

Also: keep the leaves dry as possible at this point, don't wet them with a hose. Consider starting some copper fungicide treatments because i can see their immune system's have already been compromised (very mild bacterial infection). But some excellent nutrition should heal them slowly as well.

Jetchuka said:
Overwatering or inconsistent watering can cause nutrient lockout, even if the minerals are there in abundance. But i see no mention of fertilizer so....

To the original poster: you did not mention any sort of fertilizer, have you fed those plants some well balanced nutes yet? The plants seem a bit small for having been planted in January, and living in San Diego's awesome climate.

Also: keep the leaves dry as possible at this point, don't wet them with a hose. Consider starting some copper fungicide treatments because i can see their immune system's have already been compromised (very mild bacterial infection). But some excellent nutrition should heal them slowly as well.

Have been using Bonnie Herb and Vegetable food 8-4-4, only about once every two weeks, but i have stopped since flowering has begun. I agree that the plants are small for how old they are.

little update here, I flushed about two gallons of water through each of the plants once they were dry just to try and flush the soil as much as i could. I also have picked up maxibloom to start using next time i water since it seems to be well balanced and rated highly here, also the bonnie plant food i was using prior didnt contain and calcium, iron, etc. I have also picked up cal-mag and gave them a spray once at the recommended dose.

Things are starting to look healthy again on two of them, and one of them even has a decent healthy pod!
2o9Y890.jpg
93qHMsc.jpg

Im beginning to think that this plant is the Habanero variety i had planted based on the shape of the pod, Although the surface is quite bumpy so it might be a jays peach ghost scorp, patiently waiting to see if it starts to deform and look crazy.

LtGXPjq.jpg

The plant that i figured out was the Moruga isnt doing so well now, The little pod it had started to ripen and then fell off the plant.

C85r3m5.jpg

And lastly, My dad asked to take the fourth plant and put it in the ground to see what he could do with it. When we transplanted it the roots were growing out of the sides of the soil running down the pot and slightly circling around the bottom (although not root bound). I also noticed that the soil was still pretty moist all the way through, but especially at the bottom, Im beginning to think that i have just been constantly over watering them, even though it has only been ~1 time a week. Going to let them start to wilt when its cool and dark out before i water from here on out.

Back