• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Fla. Inmates Make, Sell Own Hot Sauce

Prisons are just like the rest of the world, full of a mix of normal people and absolute psychos. I'm sure a state run program somewhat moniters the program and those who are in it to a certain degree. That said, when I think minimum security- I think snitch, punk, pc, somebody got caught with a lil somethin' (whatever on that), or somebody's got a decent lawyer. Good to get them doin' something, but honestly unless I know somebody there, I'll probably just stick to my hot sauces, cause I tend to err on the side of worst case scenarios.

Trust certainly is an issue... this year, seemingly, more. With so much of the media covering dishonest and deceitful acts uncovered recently it certainly makes me double-take almost everything right now. Honestly, I don't think these inmates are using their hot sauce as a vector to spread ill will, and I'd like to think that they are supervised well enough to keep an evil thought like that from becoming an action, but I'm with Boutros... I'm gonna shy away from trying this product regardless of its intent.

See, here's a few that won't try it from the minimum security prison and I say I wouldn't from a maximum security and get jumped on.:shocked:

You wouldn't eat hot sauce made by convicted murderers, child molesters, rapists, arsonists, drug addicted con-men sex offenders, and the guys who rip the tags off of furniture? Bigot! Where do you get off?

haha.

Actually I would have no problem eating it, but I would have to steal it from the people who made it, and then assault one of them in some sort of covert (misdemeanor) way as I dug my way out of the minimum security compound. Then it would be OK. tit for tat.

Alright i have tried the Jailhouse fire! This stuff is pretty darn good and keeps for AGES. The bottle i have is from 2005 and was given to me by Bentalphanerd.
I marinated a steak in about half the bottle and it was yummo with a nice amount of heat. The lemon and vinegar really come through so it wouldn't be for everyone.

@ THP, everyone is capable of murder dude!

Sickmont said:
Now thats the stuff i'd be afraid of. I wouldn't want hot sauce made by insane people, they'd put silly shit like brake fluid and legos in it and stuff.......

Oh, wait....i already use Defcon 1 daily......:oops:

To be honest, I think I would rather eat a sauce with brake fluid, etc in it than that Defcon (with apologies to some). That is some brutal sh*t.

I wouldn't buy the stuff from prisoners..(sorry FD4 and SumBits) but I'd certainly RAT somebody out to the guards to get some. When I get it then I would hone the empty glass bottle on the concrete floor of my cell and make a nice shiv. Then I'd hide it up my.....wait..uhm...this is all hypothetical anyways right? Right?

Salute', TB.

Philipperv said:
To be honest, I think I would rather eat a sauce with brake fluid, etc in it than that Defcon (with apologies to some). That is some brutal sh*t.

Should you be the official reviewer with those negative comments? Sorry but..................

chillilover said:
Should you be the official reviewer with those negative comments? Sorry but..................
When I see a member react like this I have to take notice. I will PM Philipperv and ask if he can clarify. It is true the official reviewer represents THP and should be fair without unnecessary bashing, however, I don't want to keep a reviewer from speaking their mind. All reviews will be honest and fair.

The Perv gets two thumbs up for his comment about Defcon from me! Having tried the swill i definantly know where he is coming from.

Actually i might make a "dirty bomb" from the remains (almost all the three bottles) and send it over Kim the ill M/F in North Korea.

I think more important than keeping people happy is to give your upmost honest opinion, no matter how brutal or harsh it may be.

No, you are correct, honest opinions are a must. One member was upset so I addressed this. I won't change the way a reviewer reviews. The reason I wanted him to clarify is so we can know exactly what he is talking about. Defcon 1, brutal? Are you sure you guys aren't talking about 0, or DM MK 11, an additive? I'm not trying to start a Defcon debate, but I would like clarification :)

Ah ok got you boss. I wasn't thinking about it quite as straight as you were. Well said.

Edit: I can clarify. The 1-2 and MK 11 i was talking about.

I've never tried it but tried other sauces with extract and am not a fan of extract but it seemed a little harsh, especially since the creator is a member on here.

thehotpepper.com said:
When I see a member react like this I have to take notice. I will PM Philipperv and ask if he can clarify. It is true the official reviewer represents THP and should be fair without unnecessary bashing, however, I don't want to keep a reviewer from speaking their mind. All reviews will be honest and fair.

Thank you for this thought THP and I will be stating my mind freely whether I am the reviewer or not. Please keep in mind that I wasn't giving an official review and was stating my own opinion of the extract that IGG had us taste at his house. The exact item in question is pictured here:

i8196BBC9-1985-4C5E-9F76-C24EE838F422.jpg

chillilover said:

And I am sorry that you feel that way. Would you rather have the job?

thehotpepper.com said:
No, you are correct, honest opinions are a must. One member was upset so I addressed this. I won't change the way a reviewer reviews. The reason I wanted him to clarify is so we can know exactly what he is talking about. Defcon 1, brutal? Are you sure you guys aren't talking about 0, or DM MK 11, an additive? I'm not trying to start a Defcon debate, but I would like clarification :)

And now you have it.

chillilover said:
I've never tried it but tried other sauces with extract and am not a fan of extract but it seemed a little harsh, especially since the creator is a member on here.

Well I could have been harsher but I felt that I got my point across with what I said. Please keep in mind that I don't shy away from extreme sauces but this product was an extract that we shouldn't have even been tasting on its own. I'm sure it is great as an additive to make foods and other sauces (much) spicier though.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was Zero, not #1.

By the way guys Philipperv hasn't even done his first official review yet, he's just posting on the forum like you would, so give him a chance :P

Back