• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Flaming Youth's Indoor led grow

Starting some peppers for outdoor and going to keep 4 super hots growing indoors.
Grow tent secret jardin 120(4x4)
Led panel is a spectra 290

Peppers
Carolina reaper (puckerbutt)
BTR Scorpion (butch Taylor)
CPR. (Butch Taylor)
7 pot (reimer)
Red Savina (reimer)
7 pot douglah (peppersbymail)
Jigsaw (peppersbymail)
7 pot douglah (Tyler farms)
Billy Biker (reimer)
Grande JalapeƱo (reimer)

Started seeds last Monday in jiffy 72 starter tray. All seeds are up except the reapers and CPRs. Not bad for just a week. Temps I keep at 80 .
All are going outside but I am keeping 4 or 5 inside for full grow.
They will be
Carolina Reaper
BTR Scorpion
CPR
Red Savina
7 pot douglah here. A pic from last Monday

I have them sitting on tuperware storage container. Keeping up and off the much cooler floor.
Light is about 30" or so above seedlings.
This panel keeps plants squatter than most other lights ,hps etc.

When plants take off,I will lower around 18" to 20" above should do it.

Thanks big guy:-)

Update
Everything is going as planned. Most have been transplanted into solo cups.
Using Happy Frog soil and extra perlite. Also added Roots Organics Oregonism.
This is good stuff.

Here is a pic but with yellow light which doesn't show how green they really are.

Found this going thru my garden supplies. Really good stuff.
Worm castings is a must have in my garden and this Super Tea mix really works well with the roots oregonism.

I put 1 spoonful in a coffee filter And sow that up and put in a gallon of water with a air bubbler and let that work for 24hrs. Plants seem to love it.

Thanks,got to get some potting mix today to up/pot a few.
Anybody notice its hard to find a good mix that does not have fert. already in it?
I like to feed my plants different stuff and don't really care those types of mixes.
But now its almost in everything.

update , some are going outside to make room for the keepers to keep growing in the tent under the led panel. Still have chilly mornings here . Can't wait for warmer weather. Note: Carolina reaper seem to be the hardest for me to grow. I started 7 to 10 and I think I have just one at this point. Bummer :(

Thanks:-) yeah I do hope the one "reaper" makes it. It does look heathy and its inside the tent now.
I'll take a pic of inside tent with the light on. I put one of those cheap light,soil meters under my led panel. I have it about 2.5 feet above plants and it barely registered.
Not until I put about a inch away from panel did it move the meter.
Took it outside and it went crazy,even in the shade.
Oh well what can I say,the panel works and I debate on lowering it.

Note: I have 2 reapers left instead of the one:-) good for me

With light on not much you can see but the height of panel

I have 2 reapers left out of 10 or so. The pic above and below.

Red Savina

The rest in the tent are Butch T Reapers,Chocolate Primo/Reapers and some sweet bell peppers. Going to lower panel to 24" today.

Back