• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Flower Pods?

My Flower Pods on one Pepper plant are turning yellow and falling off. Does any one know why this might be happening?:( The leaves are a nice green.

John

my first year growing was last year....i did notice that all the flowers on every plant i had fell off when the fruit set...but I believe you should see some evidence of a pepper pod there...

mrwicks said:
my first year growing was last year....i did notice that all the flowers on every plant i had fell off when the fruit set...but I believe you should see some evidence of a pepper pod there...

But, the pods aren't even flowering first. They are falling off before they flower.

PcolaHot said:
But, the pods aren't even flowering first. They are falling off before they flower.

Probably from one of the reasons Willard listed. Are your plants outdoors yet? Anything happened that might have stressed them?

Pam said:
Probably from one of the reasons Willard listed. Are your plants outdoors yet? Anything happened that might have stressed them?

I had them outside about week and half ago. But, haven't been outside since today. Which I have them on the back porch today. Its starting to warm up enough to have them outside. I have had my tomato plants on the back porch now for a week and they seem to be doing ok. Wondering if I should keep my pepper plants out there also.

Just to be clear, pods are peppers, flowers appear, and if they are pollinated, they produce pods.

You are saying that flowers are falling off without starting pods, right?

PcolaHot said:
I had them outside about week and half ago. But, haven't been outside since today. Which I have them on the back porch today. Its starting to warm up enough to have them outside. I have had my tomato plants on the back porch now for a week and they seem to be doing ok. Wondering if I should keep my pepper plants out there also.

If it's above 50 degrees at night, they'll be fine.

If you're in the process of hardening them, that stress could make them drop some flowers.

cheezydemon said:
Just to be clear, pods are peppers, flowers appear, and if they are pollinated, they produce pods.

You are saying that flowers are falling off without starting pods, right?
Yes this is what I am saying. The flower is falling off.

Pam said:
If it's above 50 degrees at night, they'll be fine.

If you're in the process of hardening them, that stress could make them drop some flowers.

Thanks Pam. Probably I need to be a little more Patience.:rolleyes:

Pcola...don't worry, be happy...my peppers are dropping flowers right and left but that's ok...I asked the question how long a plant will keep flowering and seems the answer was as long as you keep it in the current condition, it will keep flowering...once you put it outside, you will start getting fruit set....in time you will have plenty of "peter picked a peck of pcola peppers"

From what I've noticed C.chinense's seem to drop flowers a lot more than C. annuum's and probably most others.

AlabamaJack said:
Pcola...don't worry, be happy...my peppers are dropping flowers right and left but that's ok...I asked the question how long a plant will keep flowering and seems the answer was as long as you keep it in the current condition, it will keep flowering...once you put it outside, you will start getting fruit set....in time you will have plenty of "peter picked a peck of pcola peppers"

Thanks AJ.:)

Back