• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Flowering Bhut J with no pepper production

So I overwintered two Bhuts and due to the mild conditions they started flowering about a month ago. At the end of last year I cut one plant back to just a few canes about 12" long, and left the other at about 4 feet tall. The one I cut back is now about 2 feet tall and produces few flowers, but has is producing peppers. The four footer is producing a ton of flowers but no peppers. They are in the same location and have the identical conditions so I'm not sure why the bigger plant is not producing peppers and only flowers. Any advice would be appreciated.

I tried that earlier, but there did not seem to be much pollen in the flowers. Is there something that can be done to increase pollen production?

I dont't think that's it. I'm a beekeeper and have about 4 double deep hives within 75 yards of this plant. Plenty of bees. I just tried hand polinating with flowers from the other plant. We'll see how that goes.

I dont't think that's it. I'm a beekeeper and have about 4 double deep hives within 75 yards of this plant. Plenty of bees. I just tried hand polinating with flowers from the other plant. We'll see how that goes.

hmm, yeaah, it probably is just a patience issue then.

Back