• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FLOWERING question

What does everyone use to produce flowers on your peppers??
I have stopped flowering on my 7 pot but I had a lot of peppers on it and still have about 15 or so on it now. thanks

I don't use anything special. When my initial potting mix nutes are nearly spent, right about now, I feed a weak solution of Jack's 20-20-20. I put 2 tbls in a five gallon bucket (sometimes I add 1 tbls of Epsom salt) and turn the hose end nozzle to jet and fill the bucket, which makes a very aerated solution. I feed them this every 7 to 10 days and blooms haven't been a problem so far.

I don't fertilize much after adding manure and/or compost to my soil but when I do I also use a well balance fertilizer like 20-20-20(water soluble with micronutrients) and this can be used as a foliar application as well.

i love this new miracle grow nursery select 20 20 20 fertilizer. I put some on my plants and boom they all r so alive. But i've heard miracle grow isnt the best fertilizer. I'm currently experimenting with fertilizers. But he nursery select is my far the best so far.

RichardK said:
I use Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (15-30-15) which has micro nutrients.

That's all I've ever used up until this year. But this is the 1st year I've used soil that didn't already have nutes in it.(Pro-Mix BX) I'll probably give some of my plants a feeding of the MG when they run out of the nutes I started them with. I'm going to use Tomato Tone on some of them as well. John Fiedler, a very successful grower on another forum, to my knowledge, only uses Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (15-30-15) with great results.

Back