• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Flowers falling from plants (carolina+habanero)

hello boys,

got a little issue with my few plants.

The flowers keep falling ! i read somewhere that might be caused by overwatering. Can anyone confirm this ?
If so, how much water should i use for each pot ?

from time to time (maybe twice a week i use fertilizer)

Also any recommendation is welcome :) I live on floor 8 (last floor), so it can get hot and windy sometimes. Take into account that i live in switzerland (so hot is relative, but this week we reached 39 for example...).

carolina.jpg

habanero.jpg

this one is habanero too
habanero 2.jpg

these are random pepper seed i planted
misc pepper seed.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some possible causes of flower drop:

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

The issue i had for my Carolina when flower was just dropping is temperature during night. once i lowered the temperature during night the flowers stopped dropping and started fruiting.

A little off topic here but, are those trays deep enough to hold enough soil for your plants to grow? They look like they are doing fine, but I have always used deeper pots/buckets. Just curious is all .....

A little off topic here but, are those trays deep enough to hold enough soil for your plants to grow? They look like they are doing fine, but I have always used deeper pots/buckets. Just curious is all .....
Peppers can grow in a beer can, if enough care is taken for them. Google 'pepper beer can challenge'. Not that you will get a lot of peppers, maybe one or two, three if you are lucky.

Peppers can grow in a beer can, if enough care is taken for them. Google 'pepper beer can challenge'. Not that you will get a lot of peppers, maybe one or two, three if you are lucky.
Thanks. My Scorpion Pepper is in a 5 gallon bucket and is probably 4 feet tall. So the smaller contaiers will likely produce smaller plants, less peppers then.

hello boys,

got a little issue with my few plants.

The flowers keep falling ! i read somewhere that might be caused by overwatering. Can anyone confirm this ?
If so, how much water should i use for each pot ?

from time to time (maybe twice a week i use fertilizer)

Also any recommendation is welcome :) I live on floor 8 (last floor), so it can get hot and windy sometimes. Take into account that i live in switzerland (so hot is relative, but this week we reached 39 for example...).

carolina.jpg

habanero.jpg

this one is habanero too
habanero 2.jpg

these are random pepper seed i planted
misc pepper seed.jpg

I had the same problem with a trinidad scorpion i was growing last year. after doing a little research I found that overwatering was the issue.... The plant grew big and had tons of buds coming out but they kept all falling off, I found that once i'd cut watering back to two times a week the plant seemed to be happier. it looked like it kind of hardened up a bit and then it actually started producing peppers, I was relieved that the solution to my problem turned out to be something so simple. Best of luck =)

Back