• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flowers Falling Off

Well you could wait for Willard to come along but I'll save him the job.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low

WOW!!!......thanks a lot for the info.....

i think i am good to go on all of those.......except probably too much nitrogen........i did kinda mixed nearly 1/3 of the pot's volume with cow manure soil mix and the rest was pro-mix.......

Pepperfreak said:
Wow...RB hit it right on the head ;) At first I thought that Willard must have logged on under her account. :lol:

I had it saved on 'Word' and then when I went to look for it this time I remembered that I lost all my files when the computer decided to kick the bucket so I trawled through the search option. It's a useful thing to keep on file as soooo many people ask about flowers dropping off.

rainbowberry said:
I had it saved on 'Word' and then when I went to look for it this time I remembered that I lost all my files when the computer decided to kick the bucket so I trawled through the search option. It's a useful thing to keep on file as soooo many people ask about flowers dropping off.

Aww...And here I thought you just had it memorized. :lol::P

this is the first time i have had this problem.....since i been planting peppers........

its happening to the only scorpion i have growing right now.....

never happened to any congos or 7 pots or even the scorpions i planted before.....

could this be done to rectify a high nitrogen content:

use a NPK fertilizer with high P & K ratings.......

and if so can someone recommend a rating?

Use a bloom fertilizer with higher P & K ratio, the one I use is a 4-8-7. Bhut Jolokia seeds are on the way. You should be a great source for seed where you live. Glad to have you at THP.

thanks.........will do....

your scorps & congos are on the way as well

went to the market yesterday and actually saw a Yellow T Scorp just lying there with a pile a congos.....

i'm a little cautious as to planting seeds from this one (cross pollinating??).....if u want seeds from this one....i can resend for you.....

I think its quite normal for early flowers to fall off, especially on C. chinenses. I usually pick off all early flowers but with chinenses they often self-prune

what Potawie said...

i wouldnt worry about it... i think like he said its pretty normal to get a little drop off in the early stages...

No need to resend anything I already have Yellow T. Scorpion growing this season. Thanks for the offer though. Not all flowers become peppers anyway.

Back