• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

FOOD NETWORK

has anyone watched the new show on food network the next food network star?? what do you think of that or what is your fav show......mine is good eats with alton brown.

We used to watch Emeril years ago. Not much anymore with cooking.

However, my wife & I are embarressed to be watching Hell's Kitchen each week. (It's on FOX, not Food Network) That's one mean SOB.

bubbaschili said:
has anyone watched the new show on food network the next food network star?? what do you think of that or what is your fav show......mine is good eats with alton brown.

We are big fans of Iron Chef America on Food Network. They don't use the same sort of exotic ingredients as the original Iron Chef show, but it's still pretty entertaining. Food Nation w/ Bobby Flay is also pretty good.

As if it needs mentioning...any show featuring hot sauces, spicy food, and the like is worth watching. There was a great feature on a recent show about summer food faire that was all about hot sauces and featured the folks from Hot Sauce Harry's out in TX.

I like the Good Eats show as well - I also try to catch all the Food Finds and Unwrapped shows that feature fiery foods.

hate to admit im hooked on hells kitchen..tonight should be intresting...im wondering if these guys and gals will ever put a full night into the show and they won't have to shut down the kitchen and send everyone home...ok like the one table everyone order take out pizza(that was funny)

I just don't understand how some have no culinary experience whatsoever. Making a rissoto so bad that a customer throws up??

I can't imagine him giving the reigns of a new restaurant to one of these people except for the very few that have obviously had some previous experience. And if so, then this whole show is just to get them a boot camp experience and whip them into shape.

He better do a good job at debasing these poor sods tonight, because even though I've enjoyed it so far, I can't imagine watching this for very long.

I'm a huge fan of the Iron Chefs but Bobby Flay, hmmmm.

There's one show on up here in Canada that I don't know if you guys get, but the guy is travelling around Europe in a toaster... I think that's a cool show and he's got a penchant for hot peppers.

Gave a great recipe for Jerk a couple of weeks ago. It was almost identical to the Peppermaster's non-commercial Jerk seasoning.

We've been following Jaime Oliver's school lunches... The kids are adorable.

T.

Back