• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting Found cheap HPS grow lights & other supplies

Hmm, I finally stumbled upon a reasonably priced hydro supplier. If anyone has dealt with them before and knows if its reliable let me know.

http://htgsupply.com/

Anyway for their house brand 400watt HPS light with remote ballast and base reflector its $119.95 + shipping to TX from PA its $144.27.
That is cheap! A cooltube reflector only adds $70 bucks as well which is just as crazy cheap. That combo would be $189.95 + shipping = $221.73 which is totally worth it. Cooltubes rule, even with a cheap fan they keep cool enough to touch.

Also they sell complete grow systems
http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=48410
COMPLETE 400 watt both HPS & MH GROW SYSTEM with 36" X 20" X 64" GROW TENT

System Includes

* 36"Long x 20"Wide x 64"Tall Grow Tent
* 400 watt both High Pressure Sodium and Metal Halide Grow Light System with Timer
* 10 Containers with CocoCoir Grow Medium and Starter Plugs
* Specialty Advanced Nutrients Grow and Bloom Fertilizers
* Ventilation Fan
* Thermometer
For $499.99 + shipping = $565.83

I'm going to order a 400watt HPS very soon, I'll let you guys know how everything works out.

Hope this helps all you other guys looking for lights

Are grow tents only for growing pot? It seems like peppers don't really need high humidity (they can grow in dry areas) or stealth.
Congrats on the 400W thing. Let us see your progress pics and set-up.

ABurningMouth said:
Are grow tents only for growing pot? It seems like peppers don't really need high humidity (they can grow in dry areas) or stealth.
Congrats on the 400W thing. Let us see your progress pics and set-up.

Grow tents or enclosures are a good idea for growing anything. They let you control the environment as well as maximizing light usage since all is reflected back. They help to keep bugs out which can cause lots of problems indoors. Also, they aren't necessarily high humidity, you control that and it depends on lots of factors not the least of which is the size of your fan.

I'm actually planning on just building my own enclosure though, I still can't justify paying that much when I can buy the black/white plastic myself & make a 2" PVC box frame for half the price.

Back