free Free Nhu's Pepper seeds

I've been enjoying myself here at THP since I started growing in April and have encountered near boundless generosity of wisdom, information and even seeds. My harvest has finally begun to come in with earnest largely due to advice I've gotten here. As thank you to everyone here, I'm offering seeds from the recently named Nhu's Pepper for free with SASBE.

These peppers are a somewhat unique variety. They were bred solely for personal use by a family in Vietnam and were never named. They were brought to the USA when a young bride from that family married an American and moved here to join him. This same young woman later gave me some of those seeds she brought, asking nothing in return. After growing them out and learning of their origins, I sought to name them and offer them to the greater community here. With their permission, I named them for the first chilehead to show me the generosity so common among us. Her name is Nhu, and these are Nhu's peppers.

Those who took part in the ID thread described them as looking like a goat-weed type variety. My father in law described the flavor as being like a mango with fire. I've not eaten enough mango to say for myself, but they are quite tasty. They are significantly hotter than the cayenne I've tried, but are well below the heat of the habanero.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:8]

If you would like some, send a SASE or SASBE to:
Gerry Williams
2756 N. Gethsemane RD
Corydon, IN 47112

Offer just opened today. I've got these plus 150 more seeds I presorted for any who want them.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:562]

Nhu's husband told me yesterday that she is planning to bring me something that will make these seem tame by comparison. I'm kind of nervous about that, but very excited. If they're as tasty and unusual as the ones I'm offering here, I may grow out the seeds and make it available next season.

:dance: yip yip, you da man!!! I hope I someday can return the favor to this group as you are, :onfire:
:onfire: THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

Back