• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FREE PLANTS CENTRAL CA

Here is what the Az dept of Agriculture says. Straight from their page. There is a number at the bottom you should call and ask.

Can I bring my houseplants with me when I move to Arizona?

Yes, but houseplants transported into Arizona must be free of insects and in a commercial potting mix rather than soil from your yard. Plants transported by a commercial mover should be placed near one of the trailer doors to facilitate inspection upon entering the state. Plants transported in a private vehicle will not be inspected. You do not need a certificate from your origin state department of agriculture to transport houseplants to AZ.
For more information, call

(602) 542-0979.

http://www.azda.gov/Main/faq.htm#Can%20I%20bring%20my%20houseplants%20with%20me%20when%20I%20moved%20to%20Arizona?

Welcome back to a free state.

As always, I love this site, and all of the input received. Always entertaining and informative at the same time. I have a small (5x8) cargo trailer, and a small 4x4 for hauling, but the trailer will be packed full when I leave. As many longer term members know, I travel with my orchid collection(20+ containers) and I probably have 40-50 pepper plants on top of that. 16 of those are in 5 gallon pots. Almost half of those have flowers or already have peppers on them. I learned from experience, that once the flowering starts, peppers don't like to be driven cross country. They will drop everything they have, including half their leaves. I will make the mistake of taking a couple of my favorite babies, but truthfully, they'd be better off left behind.

I'm still waiting to see where I end up. I have backup plants(indoors) for most of the ones I have, and they are in smaller (3 inch) containers. I won't be able to take all of them either, and will probably send many of them off to members who want some exotic peppers, like I did last summer. Heck, maybe I'm starting a new tradition. Free pepper send off---woohoo!

One final thought, can someone please tell me how to save old private messages on this newer site. Thanks

I accepted a new gig on Friday. I'll be heading out to southern New Mexico later this week. Thanks again for the cherry tomatoes. They were awesome. What kinds were they?

You can always start over :)
"We can rebuild it. Make it faster, stronger, better"

Make it stronger, better, HOTTER! :lol:

Back