• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

free plants

I have some seedlings that are going in the garbage at the end of the weekend if any of you southeast michiganders are interested pm me before Sunday. I have a few superhots in the mix.
Dale

Why...wh....why would you do such a think as to throw out plants...my...I...I...can't comprehend this.....I've got to go lie down...

Are you ok IGG? Have a beer my friend you'll be ok. thepodpiper, I think IGG would rather you put them out by the road or in the paper with a free to good home add/sign. I would take them but I doubt they would make the trip to PA too well.

Last resort, find a shaded spot somewhere in a deserted field and plant them there, give em a little fert too :)

You never know, they might even survive to produce fruit.

RichardK said:
Last resort, find a shaded spot somewhere in a deserted field and plant them there, give em a little fert too :)

You never know, they might even survive to produce fruit.
I say this method would be cool.

imaguitargod said:
It's a very old practice called, Gorilla Gardening, done it a few times myself.
i was always going to do that with "stuff". never bothered though.

and isn't it geurilla gardening?

fineexampl said:
i was always going to do that with "stuff". never bothered though.

and isn't it geurilla gardening?

It think its 'guerilla', actually

And too bad it wouldn't work around here....someone would pave over 'em for a condo or a wal-mart within like 15 minutes

I agree with the others, dont throw them away.
as the saying goes "whats one mans garbage, is another mans treasure" so you just might make another chileheads day, when they see "free" "hot" chile plants on the side of the road. if I saw that I'd stop & at least check which types they have & take a couple.

chilehunter said:
when they see "free" "hot" chile plants on the side of the road. if I saw that I'd stop & at least check which types they have & take a couple.

Heck, if I saw that sign on the side of the road, my care would come to a screatching hult and end up half way into some poor guys lawn with me having jumped out of the moving vehicle and rolled right up to the plants to check them out..........wow....run on sentance...

podpiper - so I guess whats the worst thing could happen ? if you just put those seedlings at the side of the road & labeled "free hot chile plants or ?" & if after 1 week or ? the plants still left there just throw them away.
all ya need to do is just water them for the time being, but you just might make someones day seeing real "hot" or different types of chile plants for free.

if ya live in the city limits I bet they'd be gone in short time.

Back